For Sale: 1939 Peugeot 402B 4dr Sedan - $38,000 - Carson City, NV - Not Mine

For Sale: 1939 Peugeot 402B 4dr Sedan - $38,000 - Carson City, NV

1939 Peugeot 2.15 liter for sale by owner - Carson City, NV - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Few known is the U.S. this vehicle is serviced to run and drive well. Nice Paint, Newer Interior replicating the original. Provenance includes ties to the Nuremberg Trials after WWII as well as said to be seen on film and T.V. Featured in Car Collector and Collectable Automobile Magazines authenticating its history. Appraisal shows condition categorized as a very good example as an 85-year-old French Limousine.
Contact: Call or Text Albert. Click 'show contact info' if interested
Copy and paste in your email: fe46aaf7994838d18e7d62f845fb4e41@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1939 Peugeot 402B 4dr Sedan.

'39 Peugeot NV a.jpg

'39 Peugeot NV b.jpg

'39 Peugeot NV c.jpg

'39 Peugeot NV d.jpg

10 hours ago, 31nash880 said:

Interesting headlight placement.

Forum member sebastienbuick lives in France, and often posts wonderful lengthy threads about car shows he visits there. (In the General Discussion area.)

Some time back, maybe a year? I think earlier this year? One of the car shows there he went to had a few late 1930s and postwar Peugeot automobiles, including a couple with the headlamps hidden behind the front grill this way. Apparently it was a short-lived feature only for a couple years on Peugeot. They were briefly discussed in that thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DFeeney said:

Looks like a "Melted" Chrysler Air Flow.   Jus Sayin

What didn't catch-on with American buyers was heartily embraced by the French.  The Chrysler Airflows streamlining influenced Peugeot's designers.  One thing the French did get to enjoy were Peugeot 402 Eclipse retractable hardtops. The operation was done with a crank that was accessed on the passenger side quarter panel crank hole.  Maybe Ford should have added that fail-safe to their system twenty years later.

'36-'39 Peugeot 402 Eclipse retractable hardtop.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I find a lot of the European cars of the 1930s to be quite fascinating!  Certainly newer than my usual interests, but they are so different and that somehow makes them very interesting. I don't know how good or bad they really are as automobiles? But thy sure are fun to look at.