FS 1916 Haynes Cloverleaf Roadster, CA$2,000 - Calgary, AB - Not Mine

Link to Facebook Marketplace: https://www.facebook.com/share/feoe8PsXjDouxxMw/

1916 Haynes Cloverleaf body and frame, front & rear axles, springs (sand blasted) frame (powder coated), engine parts! Radiator Cowl, windshield frames, headlights etc. Buyer must take all! Parts currently in a 40’ on pallets. Will help load! Parts currently in a container! Contact Trevor Landage for additional photos. Ad is from Facebook Marketplace.

Antique Car Museum of Iowa in Corallville, IA has a 1916 Haynes Cloverleaf that was recently started after several years of sitting. Link to museum Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/antiquecarmuseumofiowa

Body1.jpg

Body2.jpg

Parts.jpg

Engine.jpg

Frame.jpg

Edited by W Ranard (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Looks like the ultimate diy kit, or maybe a full scale model? I was in Coralville last fall and had no idea they had a car museum?

Looking at the pile, its going to take a lot of determination to bring this on back, they should GIVE it to someone with that much ambition and ask for whatever donation to the museum they feel like giving.

• Like 2

That round shape is very interesting!

I couldn't find a decent picture of one that showed the interior shape with Google...a sure sign that it's truly "rare". 

The amazing thing about this offering is that someone, at one time, thought they could restore it! 

• Like 1

• W Ranard changed the title to FS 1916 Haynes Cloverleaf Roadster, CA$2,000 - Calgary, AB - Not Mine
33 minutes ago, JRA said:

12 cylinders??

why the “clover-leaf” designation?

Weideley V-12, I believe.  Clover leaf roadsters enjoyed a brief vogue in the mid-teens with two in the front individual seats plus one (or two emaciated) people in the rear seat, all under a convertible top.  Think of a THREE-leaf clover not the near-mythical 4-leaf 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have what looks to be close to the exact same car body. I've been trying to figure out what exactly it is. Pictures of the one I have are posted in the forum under "what is it" pre 1915 roadster body. It doesn't look like the Haynes at the Iowa museum that I'm seeing. However, the grill in the background on the For Sale Facebook ad looks like a Haynes grill surround. Looks like more than one cars parts in the ad? One frame is on top the container (powder coated) and another frame with a motor and part of a fender as well as part of a convertible top are outside in the yard. The fender in the yard looks more the lines of an Apperson Jackrabbit fender to me as well as the body and doors. Convertible top part in the upper right side of the picture maybe too. Still not sure? But I would like to find out since I also have the same. Looks like more than one puzzle. Apperson vs Haynes cloverleaf pictures below.

be824fe63e9976c65ded2209c00535d6.jpg

2 (2).jpg

Edited by Dooring (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1