For Sale: 1956 Hudson Hollywood Hornet Custom V8 2dr hardtop - Project - $4,500 - BORING, OR - Not Mine

For Sale: 1956 Hudson Hollywood Hornet Custom V8 2dr Hardtop - Project - $4,500 - BORING, OR

1956 2 door hardtop for sale by owner - Boring, OR - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1956 Hudson Hollywood Hornet V8 2door hardtop, Packard 352 v8 Packard Ultramatic transmission.
this is a project car it can be driven, has a new master cylinder rebuilt vacuum can, new wheel cylinders
rebuilt water pump rebuilt carburetor,4 like new radial tires and 4 good bias ply tires.
This is a project car there is rust in the rocker panels and rear floor pan.
Contact: John Erickson call or text (503) seventy-5-6-8-5-six
Copy and paste in your email: a1111211c9193098a77e3b6ae97dd0d0@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1956 Hudson Hollywood Hornet Custom V8 2dr Hardtop - Project.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 1,053 1956 Hudson Hollywood Hornet Custom V8 2dr Hardtops built.

'56 Hudson Hollywood Hornet V8 hardtop OR a.jpg

'56 Hudson Hollywood Hornet V8 hardtop OR b.jpg

'56 Hudson Hollywood Hornet V8 hardtop OR c.jpg

'56 Hudson Hollywood Hornet V8 hardtop OR d.jpg

'56 Hudson Hollywood Hornet V8 hardtop OR e.jpg

'56 Hudson Hollywood Hornet V8 hardtop OR f.jpg

'56 Hudson Hollywood Hornet V8 hardtop OR g.jpg

• Like 5

I guess owning a Hudson Hollywood Hornet Hardtop would help to make up for living in a city named Boring! 

Unusual and sharp car... they need to fix what ever is requiring blue tape! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

This would be a very interesting car

in excellent condition.  Hudsons and 

Nashes of this period don't bring a lot

of money, though.  May a new owner

see the value in having something unusual!

John:

We have a local Hudson enthusiast who has a few '56-'57 Hudson, both nice shape and project/parts cars.  She (yes, it's a lady) has the same year and model as this one, even has factory air conditioning.  Downside is the car is terribly weathered and rust ruined.  I've forwarded this CL advertisement to her.  Even considering the shipping cost, she would be farther ahead starting with this car for a restoration.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a nice looking, complete  car, I love the color. Not something that you'd see everyday. Might be a good buy if the rust isn't too bad. A real time capsule.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Even considering the shipping cost, she would be farther ahead starting with this car for a restoration

I have never understood the resistance rust belt people put up against shipping in a rust free western car.  Even if the rust free example has mechanical or interior issues you are money ahead.  

10 hours ago, m-mman said:

I have never understood the resistance rust belt people put up against shipping in a rust free western car.  Even if the rust free example has mechanical or interior issues you are money ahead.  

It's usually once they've gotten deep into an expensive and extensive rust repair process that the relative cost of shipping versus what they're embroiled in comes into focus...when it's too late.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, DrumBob said:

Sorry to be the dissenting voice, but I think these Hudsons and their V-Line Styling are hideous. The interior looks like a near disaster. 

No need to apologize for dissenting, the 1956-'57 Hudsons with their V-Line Styling are hideous, grotesque, bizarre, over-the-top.  That's what makes them fascinating, so typical of one school of design during the 1950's, the Morris Lapidus school of automotive design.

Morris Lapidus - Wikipedia

Edited by 58L-Y8
Added lin (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Jeffsang said:

This car is going to be available, I’m not a Hudson guy, absolutely 100 percent rust free. California car, needs sorted out mechanically. $6500. Jeff 330-301-7593

Are you saying that the Hudson was from

California originally?  Your area code is Ohio,

so is the car now in Ohio?  It looks nice.

To get the most views, you should begin a

new topic (thread).  Tell us more, if you can,

about what it needs mechanically, electrically,

cosmetically (exterior and interior), etc.  Thanks.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)