For Sale: 1963 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan, 57K miles - Project - $21,000 - Bridgton, ME - Not Mine

For Sale: 1963 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan, 57K miles - Project - $21,000 - Bridgton, ME

1963 lincoln continental for sale by owner - Bridgton, ME - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Has a 430 ci 8-cyl engine. Automatic transmission 3-speed. PS/PB. 57,500 original miles cruiser!
All electric windows work except driver's side rear. No A/C.  In VG condition but not perfect. Runs and drives like sitting on a sofa!
New additions in past 2 years: Complete exhaust system. Battery. Alternator and voltage regulator. Starter. 5 tires. Pinion seal. Radiator re-cored. odometer: 57,500.
Copy and paste in your email: 6796f3760bdc32dca417ec481c4bc810@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1963 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan, 57K miles - Project.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 28,095 1963 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedans built.

'63 Lincoln Continental ME a.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME b.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME c.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME d.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME e.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME q.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME f.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME g.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME o.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME h.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME i.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME j.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME k.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME l.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME m.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME n.jpg

'63 Lincoln Continental ME p.jpg

Never scroll past a slabside but either I am not doing a good job of tracking these or this one is way overpriced.

For a sedan I would expect $20k plus or minus a bit buys a much cleaner car.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

When I saw the $21,000 asking price and

the description, "Project," I almost didn't

open the topic.  The car would be great if

$21,000 and "Excellent" could describe it.

If Lincolns have become so popular that this

is a realistic price, I'll shop among the many

unpopular and more affordable models! 

• Like 1

The asking price might be more realistic if the seller would fix the rust, have the car painted, the carpets and kick panels replaced and detail the engine compartment. provided rust wasn't a problem underneath, too.

• Like 1

My Dad had a powder blue '63 with  leather the same color as this interior. It had the A/C vents in the center of the dash. The car was only eight years old and was in great condition. I got to drive it often while I was in high school. These feel more like personal cars than sedans. This one needs a lot of work, I wouldn't pay more than 2,500 dollars for it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Never scroll past a slabside but either I am not doing a good job of tracking these or this one is way overpriced.

Man I agree with you 100% I sold a 63 for $19,000 you be the judge 

074063D0-00DE-4C03-85E4-1C37B2893F08.jpeg

1760400E-189C-4924-9C9E-1DF406B3FE62.jpeg

4932D29D-BE2D-4403-AB6F-EC5E2038E527.jpeg

C0905122-E241-4794-A828-3C496ED117E6.jpeg

4203726E-1FFD-4BAC-8939-5EC30030CB5A.jpeg

• Like 3

@Uptowndodgeyep I remember you listed it here.  Good car, fair price and gone.  

the subject car is typical of what we saw in the mid to late 70s in the $400 - 800 range.  Pal's dad down the street had a few of them in addition to convertibles.  I wonder where they are today... 

• Like 2

Raising prices on ratty, slab-side, suicide-door '60's Lincolns are the result of these becoming a pop cultural touchstone for an era.  Some of the rise in sedan prices is due to the convertible prices all out of proportion to reality.  Air bag suspensions, 22" wheels, shorn of door handles and emblems, interiors of current, questionable taste, thumper sound systems, over-the-top paint, high horsepower drivetrains are how these cars end up now.  There seems to be no dollar limit on how much someone will sink into one.  

7 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Raising prices on ratty, slab-side, suicide-door '60's Lincolns are the result of these becoming a pop cultural touchstone for an era.

You make it sound like that’s a bad thing 🤫

Have owned mine since the 80’s, paid what I thought at the time was top dollar for a one-owner low mileage sedan ($2800),and nobody is more surprised than me where these have gone.

• Like 2

Beautiful car, but not one that looks good in a 'rat rod' style. This is a car that def. needs a restoration (at least good body and paint) to be worthy of driving around. Otherwise its just an old car. Like Steve M mentioned this was exactly the type of car we would buy as teenagers for a few hundy, much cheaper than the asking price of 1000. chevelles at the time. Seemed like there were quite a few of these big early 60's boats - caddies, lincolns and chryslers - floating around.

1 minute ago, Lee H said:

You make it sound like that’s a bad thing 🤫

No, not a bad thing.  Just an observation about why we're now seeing unrealistic prices for cars that were largely ignored for decades.  The sedans will now be saved from the scrapyard, but the end results will be far from factory condition...about like street rods.

• Like 1