1954 Chevy Delray 210 Deluxe Series Club coupe - $32,000 OBo

A nice example but a very optimistic price!  Many more pics and much much more text in ad. 

https://goldcountry.craigslist.org/cto/d/standard-1954-chevy-delray-210-deluxe/7762149499.html

1954 Chevy Delray 210 Deluxe Series Club coupe (2nd owner)
Serious inquires only!!
235 Inline 6 cylinder with a 3-speed manual transmission on the column
CAR HISTORY: I obtained the car from the original owner’s grandson in which it was left to him in a living trust.

The engine and transmission were completely rebuilt, Paint and interior, new clutch, pressure plate, throw-out barring and pilot bussing. Another great feature that was done was that it was converted over from a 6 volt to a 12-volt system, it has an alternator, no generator!

EXTTRAS For shows: Free standing vintage twin polished drive-in movie theater speakers sitting on a custom stand, hidden plug port in the front driver’s wheel well. This is a Very classy touch, you can play 1950’s music while at car shows. Original owner’s manual Vintage Sea-Breez Window swamp cooler
North-Aire Interior Floor rest swamp cool Water storage bag for display during shows
People’s choice trophy , and A 1954 handkerchief

email:  729dc152c73833fb936129732c2352b5@sale.craigslist.org

00909_1ZYQdFI17in_0ak07K_600x450.jpg01111_704Lic2sM6f_07K0ak_600x450.jpg01616_c3lO7ypCTFy_07K0ak_600x450.jpg00l0l_13A9jnSAmoQ_07K0ak_600x450.jpg01111_jk5OJ2qEjoe_0ak07K_600x450.jpg00t0t_30HxC9WO4kD_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

Posted (edited)

Awfully nice looking Chevy.  I don't think the seller will see anything close to 32 grand.  

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Very nice car. My brother had a 53 when I was a kid so I kinda like these. But IF I were buying, my first thought is 'what else can I buy for the same amount of money?'  This would be low on the list for 32k.

• Like 4

Given the long list of "improvements" in the actual CL ad, it appears the seller is one of those people who believes that a car is worth at least the amount spent to restore it.  As we all know, this is not true at all.  It's possible that $32K has been spent on this car, but it will never sell for anything close to that.

• Like 5

I actually like these two-door Two-Tens more than the contemporary BelAir. 

I'm ALWAYS leery of a 12v conversion. 1) because I know the slipshod way a lot of people do electrical work and 2) is it really necessary?

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

People who do these 12 volt conversions are not up to speed on electrical.  I don't look at 12V conversions as a selling point. 

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, deac said:

People who these 12 volt conversions are not up to speed on electrical.  I don't look at 12V conversions as a selling point. 

Agreed.  More like a warning flag!

29 minutes ago, neil morse said:

Agreed.  More like a warning flag!

Whoever did the conversion on mine should have gone to prison afterwards. It's not great yet but at least now you can fill the gas tank without it exploding. 

• Haha 4