1929 Nash Special Six 434

My father-in-law just took delivery of an inherited family car. 1929 Nash Coupe. They had it listed as a 435 but thinking it’s a 434 because of the rumble seat. It’s in ROUGH shape. Does not run but motor is not seized and does turn by hand. He’s looking to sell to help fund the other project in the background (1963.5 galaxie 500 xl). Not a lot of Nash info out there so asking for any help to ballpark a value on the car. I know, it’s worth what someone will pay, but looking for a fair value. $800-$1000? TIA. Located in Colorado. 

IMG_5973.jpeg

IMG_5976.jpeg

IMG_5977.jpeg

IMG_5979.jpeg

• Like 5

Neat car!    I would start a bit higher,  say 2500 Best Offer.   Unfortunately from our perspective,  as a 3 window they buyer will probably be thinking hot rod.   After a few weeks if the best offer you see is 800 bucks then take it.

• Like 1

If it’s a long time Colorado car the sheet metal may actually be solid under the surface rust.  This will be important to the buyer.  Condition of the structural wood will limit the value to a restorer, but it won’t matter as much to a street rodder as they will replace it with steel.  I agree that $2500 is a better starting price for a  three window coupe.  It looks reasonably complete.

• Like 2

Start at 2 1/2 grand if they ask what is your bottom price go down to $2,000 in a sheepish way, wait for a reply.

For Sh-ts & gig--s what year plates are on it?  The tires have goo tread too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kar3516 said:

If it’s a long time Colorado car the sheet metal may actually be solid under the surface rust.  This will be important to the buyer.  Condition of the structural wood will limit the value to a restorer, but it won’t matter as much to a street rodder as they will replace it with steel.  I agree that $2500 is a better starting price for a  three window coupe.  It looks reasonably complete.

90% of it’s life was eastern plains CO then was in New Mexico for the last 9 years. 

14 minutes ago, 28 Chrysler said:

Start at 2 1/2 grand if they ask what is your bottom price go down to $2,000 in a sheepish way, wait for a reply.

For Sh-ts & gig--s what year plates are on it?  The tires have goo tread too.

I think they were 1946 or 1947