Have you ever seen one of these cars? Gordon-Keeble

A friend of my son is visiting family in Canada and came across this car and sent him pictures of it.  My son then sent the pics to me to play the “name that car game”. I failed until I got help from mister Google.  Can you name it without Mr Google’s help? It is antique from the 1960s era.

DF7ED5E7-75D7-488C-BCD6-BD01D09CB3E2.jpeg

86EA1A6E-DBFE-4EAA-8599-DE699565C250.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes, correct.  I never heard of or saw one.  Apparently they had a GM supplied Corvette drivetrain. The info I found said they made 100 cars, depending on how you count them production time-wise.

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Have you ever seen one of these cars? Gordon-Keeble

As the Wiki article, which Peter posted, shows, the tortoise mascot is a good indicator. Maybe a car that can go over 200 mph can deal with a tortoise mascot ...

And yes, I have seen one in England.

My son said the car is in the Vancouver area. RX Autoworks was involved in the restoration which are friends of  the person who sent the pictures to my son.

Posted (edited)

RX sees some extraordinary cars.  If you have to ask how much { for their services } , you can't afford it.  I wonder if it actually lives around here? Quite a few of RX's customers are from outside the area.

The main British car event is this weekend , possibly it will be on display. I miss the show most years as it conflicts with a worthwhile swap meet in Washington State. I have been attending the swap meet with a bunch of friends for years. But every few years I duck out of the Washington trip and take in the British car meet. I sure wish one of the events would move forward or back one weekend.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I will have to keep an eye out for it. I don't get all the way into Vancouver much anymore. Out in the rural / urban interface East of town. 

Vancouver is a funny place for British cars.  Actually quite a good population of the way out of reach,  high end stuff , and still a reasonable quantity of all the standard older British cars, MGB, TR 6 etc. Cars that I have owned a number of over the decades but am no longer all that interested in. But all the not really  high end, but out of the ordinary cars that once were to be found around here have really thinned out over the last 40 years. TVR Grantura's for example , but several others as well. They always seem to be worth more somewhere else and one by one they disappear elsewhere.    Still  on my list , but all but extinct around here these days.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1