1953 Buick Skylark Convertible * This is a rare and beautiful car. Powered with a 322 Fireball V8 engine and automatic transmission. Great Matador Red paint that has a nice shine to it. Some small flaws from the age. The chrome is in very nice condition. Solid and straight body. Underneath the car is solid. The interior is very clean and comfortable. The hydraulic top works great. All windows do go up and down. Back driver window works with back switch. The headlamps work. Radio and blower are inop. The power antenna works great. This car runs and drives nicely down the road. If you want to turn heads at the shows or just while you are driving around this is the car for you. Make this unbeatable deal yours before its gone.

image.jpeg.5034a6a76888bc535fc2e8ed3174afe1.jpeg

image.jpeg.793957ee2ffe9a9177a66df0025c79c8.jpeg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Smartin said:

I'm kind of shocked...is the market that bad for the 53's?

It could use a paint correction, but that wouldn't make up for the $30k deficit.

Don’t normally comment on the For Sale advertisement but Adam’s comment made me delve deeper.

In my opinion the Evil Bay photos are poor, taken within the dealer premises and not out in the sunshine with a decent background. Could only find interior photos on the dealer site and again lots of close ups but not many giving the full interior. 

OK, so the photos didn’t excite me, but wherever you looked, the Buick looked down at the heel. Everywhere the photos were taken indicated work to be done. Differential oil leaks, fuel leak at the tank, untidy engine bay with green paint peeling from a black rocker covers. Appears to have some rust starting in some areas and under chassis area looked tired.

No mention about the top working or video (that I could find) of it running or driving. I found the continental kit spare wheel heavy and ugly and not necessary given the spare in the trunk.

Look, am not an expert in these Skylarks but this one presents poorly for such a highly desirable convertible. No wonder it never reached reserve!

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 1

Just another example of the marketplace attempting to educate a huckster-ish dealer about the real value of his overpriced merchandise . . . a lesson that is usually shrugged off with the claim that eBay is really just an advertising venue -- and that the seller needs only one fool who will pay his price.  Problem in this case is that surely anyone with the wherewithal to buy a high-end collectible car no doubt quit being a fool a long time ago.

53 Skylark is my favorite post war Buick.  All Halo cars are very cool.  However, they are not exactly rare and with many nice ones to choose from the market to sell is competitive.