BCA BOD minutes, March, April?

Is there anyone out there on the Board that can tell me when the March and/or April BCA BOD minutes will be available to read on the BCA website? February is the latest posted which is nearly 3 months ago. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Why is it that the BCA National Office always needs a push/reminder to publish the BOD Minutes?  It's now almost the middle of June and still no April (or May) Minutes published. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NTX5467 said:

How might you or others have been harmed from this perceived delay?

Just curious about any "real harm", no more, no less?

Respectfully,

Willis Bell 20811

I'm sure there's no "real harm" but we do want to look credible as an organization.  Continued delay in simple tasks can erode the confidence of the members across all tasks. Not making excuses, and I have zero interest in the meeting minutes, just saying if we're going to run a professional org we need to be timely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Willis,

Interesting question. I guess the term harm isn’t applicable in this case. However, it’s in everyone’s best interest to timely post BOD minutes for interested members to see what has been discussed pertaining to an organization we have a vested interest in. These meetings aren’t publicly available via video or for us to even listen to. Don’t complain about member apathy (lack of votes) when you don’t engage us and keep us informed.

It is reasonable for us to expect a paid vendor to regularly post these minutes reliably.

My 2 cents…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I concur that professionalism and "how things look" can be very important as an organization.  No problem with that!  I'm glad that some do care about these things, too.

I know that when the Secretary was transcribing the proceedings from a tape recording, it could be daunting to determine who said what and what their specific words were, sometimes.  I suspect things are more tech-driven these days, but I really don't know, leaving that to the people performing those activities.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

• Like 1