GAZ 46 Soviet Amphibious Military Vehicle

Interesting vehicle, and bound to attract attention at every Cars-and-Coffee! They list a price of $141,000 but that would only make sense if it were Russian Rubles, which Google says equals $1,530.86

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ctd/d/seattle-gaz-46-amphibious-soviet/7740756886.html

If you are looking for something really rare and unique.
GAZ 46 Amphibious is what you are looking for.

Soviet beast that could drive on any typo of surface and if this is not enough for you this is also can swim!

Great condition, fully functional. Located in Issaquah, WA Price: 141k  email: 60eb40ec551c341684cbb2332e37150a@sale.craigslist.org

00Z0Z_gFLOL3Pe4Ll_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg00606_lplFFq18Ik8_0x20ji_1200x900.jpg00F0F_4gtoPpbQ00g_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg00s0s_hBbxWEIOAdC_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

Edited by Leif in Calif
removed repeated word (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, Fossil said:

I thought the U.S. had a vehicle just like that built on a Jeep drive train. Would this be a lend lease vehicle?

No, this is not a lend lease vehicle. It was developed after WWII, but, of course, soviet engineers thoroughly examinated Ford GPA.😁

• Thanks 1

• Leif in Calif changed the title to GAZ 46 Soviet Amphibious Military Vehicle

This is the amphibious version of the GAZ69 light utility vehicle. Much like the US jeep the USSR also made an amphibious version of their "jeep".

I think it's grossly overpriced, most of these Russian vehicles are when they make it to the states. My old GAZ69 I restored years ago is currently for sale at $16K in NY on facebook marketplace if anyone wants a more affordable option (and even that seems high).

The GAZ69 and it's amphibious cousin for sale here are tough little overbuild vehicles. Parts are much more available than they were 20 years ago when I did mine with more ex eastern block countries now having internet. The trick is to get one that's not all worn out to start with, they tend to be run into the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1