1968 AMC rebel convertible $20,000 Berkley, MA

The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 823 1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertibles built.  Forty years ago, the only one I ever encountered was being used as a summertime car for family outings.  The owner did know it was a scarce model, told me they kept it off the winter road-salted highways.  It might well be in an AMC collection now.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, edited by John Gunnell states 823 1968 AMC Rebel SST Convertibles built.  Forty years ago, the only one I ever encountered was being used as a summertime car for family outings.  The owner did know it was a scarce model, told me they kept it off the winter road-salted highways.  It might well be in an AMC collection now.  

Steve,  any built with a stick?   Auto on the column says "family car" with regard to musclecars.

10 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Steve,  any built with a stick?   Auto on the column says "family car" with regard to musclecars.

A.J.:

The three-speed manual transmission was the base Rebel equipment, with overdrive optional or a four-speed manual with floor shift a $184 option only for the V8.  We could probably count the number with a four-speed on one hand.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw this the other day.  I thought wow seems pretty unusual and looks really good for the money. If it's anywhere near as good underneath as it looks on top and under the hood,  You would be hard pressed to find another similar 60's convertible with the same eye appeal for less or even this much.

• Like 1