1963 2-door Studebaker Lark Custom - $6,900 (West Seattle)

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/seattle-door-studebaker-lark-custom/7735365475.html

This Classic all original Studebaker was put into storage in a dry garage near Green Lake in 1997. I bought it two years ago and immediately started to get it back on the road.
Original mileage believed to be under 48,000

Starts easily/never quits/ extremely quiet cabin due to added insulation.

3-speed manual transmission with OVERDRIVE.
Original and rust free ( just some surface). Original paint with patina, some small scrapes and dents ( no rust holes ). I started to repair some scrapes on the passenger door and decided that it’s time for me to move on. It’s an awesome car at this point and I need to direct my energies elsewhere.

I removed old carpets/door panel trim and proceeded to sand surfaces and then painted all surfaces with POR 15 paint, apply sound reducing material, carpet insulation before installing new carpeting and finally all new original upholstery.

Recent updates include: rebuilt carburetor, (5) new tires, painted rims, new locks and keys for doors/trunk/glove box/ignition switch. License plate lights, owners manual, trunk lid badge, hood insulation pad, brake master cylinder, color wiring diagram, brake light switch, V-belt, flushed radiator, New hoses/thermostat/coolant sending unit, battery cables, custom spark plug wires, spark plugs, battery, points, condenser, air cleaner etc..
2 window regulators need adjustments, vent window lock broken and small things that can be expected in a 61 year old car.

Starts right up and runs and stops smoothly. Long list of updates over the last two years. Original paint. Manual 3-speed.

Title is free and clear in my name.
email only - 7d031608137239d898a911253a8b643c@sale.craigslist.org

00y0y_5GpjGmtLMvk_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00101_519uZ3gEseA_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_FgBvymbTfa_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00M0M_hiWoqqvSK6a_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

• Like 2

Stude liked yellow valve covers. The ohv six was developed from the Champion flathead six, and had a reputation for cracked heads.

Stude did a nice job considering the body goes back to 1953. In '63 they finally revised the mid-'55 "Vista" wraparound windshield to update the roofline. 
Looks like a nice Stude!

• Like 1

Yellow valve covers were a Studebaker thing, even in 1965 after the change to McKinnon (Chevrolet) engines. For 1966, the valve covers became black to match the rest of the engine.

• Like 2

It's still a nice looking car. When I think of Lark I think of a bread box on wheels. This cars design is nice enough looking that it should have been given it's own name.