1967 Ford Fairlane GTA - 83k CAD - near Renfrew, Ontario, Canada - Delisted

So this is quite possibly one of the more overpriced cars I've seen in my travels. The few times Iv'e seen these before they're about half the price. Guess inflation is really doing a number on some models?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/ottawa/professional-concours-restoration/1689871336

Nut and bolt rotisserie restoration on former Alberta car. Marti report lists this vehicle as a one off! Contact for more info and appointment to view. Will be out of storage shortly.Not interested in trades!

1f5294a2-9ebd-4808-ae20-c3b798fad298?rul5e0756de-bd3c-4c8d-9dee-7c5610ba50f9?rula3a03f5f-9008-4aac-8eb0-e768354340b1?rul3b718d90-2723-4d7b-aaac-3f4729d404c4?rulce2cc4e8-c7e7-4ab2-9c16-2c799fbc65b4?rul

Edited by theconvertibleguy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, theconvertibleguy said:

So this is quite possibly one of the more overpriced cars I've seen in my travels. The few times Iv'e seen these before they're about half the price. Guess inflation is really doing a number on some models?

I would think the seller is trying to recoup at least some of his restoration expenses if this car was professionally frame-off restored in the last few years. Yes, it's "rare" in that just over 2000 GTA convertibles were made in '67, but as we know, that doesn't directly translate into high demand or high prices. Seller states "one of one" but fails to describe it's uniqueness, much less any specs, including engine size, other than the decal on the air cleaner housing.

Checking valuation tools, I was surprised to see (in US$):    figure about 25% increase for CA$

#1      $56,000

#2     $41,000

#3     $26,000

#4     $16.000

Dealer asking prices were very close to these figures, so I'm presuming the seller will have to adjust his sights downward somewhat to make a private sale.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Reynard said:

Then it wouldn't be a GTA. A is for "automatic transmission".

Yes, I know, I had a 67 Mustang GTA (automatic). My comment said "Fairlane" not GTA.

7 hours ago, Ed Luddy said:

Seller is on a fishing trip thats all. I don't know how you do a "frame off" restoration on a unibody car.

Considering the area where they're posting from, I wish I could say I was surprised.

• Like 1

I am not an expert on these cars, but this looks like a very nice restoration of what I consider to be a great looking car. This is my favorite year of Fairlane. I’m partial to this color combination as it matches my Galaxie. Under the hood looks very impressive and although it isn’t a 427, that 390 would be plenty fast for me. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Gearheadengineer said:

I am not an expert on these cars, but this looks like a very nice restoration of what I consider to be a great looking car. This is my favorite year of Fairlane. I’m partial to this color combination as it matches my Galaxie. Under the hood looks very impressive and although it isn’t a 427, that 390 would be plenty fast for me. 

I AGREE !  If my math is correct the price is about $62,000 USD   Which is a great price for a $75,000. to $95,000 dollar restoration.  

Now the car would have to look as good in person as in the photos, but the engine bay looks great as does the interior. Look how well the seats are done. Dash looks awesome, top fit looks good and tight, but not too tight, door gaps look very, very good.  Again, it has to look JUST as good in person as I THINK the photos represent, but it represents a value buy, in my opinion.    

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

If it was a 427 4 speed car, MAYBE the price would be in the ballpark...

Actually the 427 cars are usually quite a bit more expensive than this GTA. 

1966 Ford Fairlane 500 Hardtop R-Code 4-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $267,000 on March 15, 2024 (Lot #139,303) | Bring a Trailer1966 Ford Fairlane 500 Hardtop R-Code 4-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - sold for $296,000 on September 23, 2022 (Lot #85,328) | Bring a Trailer

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The Sept 2022 car was local to me for many years. A very well know car in my area. I would see it on the road from time to time. Belonged to a friend of a friend. Nutty prices on the 427's these days.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 1912Staver said:

The Sept 2022 car was local to me for many years. A very well know car in my area. I would see it on the road from time to time. Belonged to a friend of a friend. Nutty prices on the 427's these days.

Heck any 400 CI cars are pretty up there, even if you can even find them nowadays

• Like 1

• theconvertibleguy changed the title to 1967 Ford Fairlane GTA - 83k CAD - near Renfrew, Ontario, Canada - Delisted