1940 Chevy Master Deluxe - $35,000 OBO

Seems like this model is the one most likely to be "fully accessorized"! 

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/chula-vista-1940-chevy-master-deluxe/7728780267.html

1940 Chevy is in absolute exceptional condition. The exterior is finished in black paint and the body is completely straight with sparkling new chrome though the car. All original wheels, with new beautiful white walls tires. Has 3 on the tree manual transmission and as expected the undercarriage is completely clean with out any rust, rot our corrosion. Has new upholstery with in the entire cabin in exceptionally well-kept condition including the headliner and carpet. All gauges work with 011110 on the odometer with 12 volt conversion. Also has a regular horn with a siren. Runs and looks great. Asking 35k or best offer.  (619) 874-4010

00i0i_31RmhOIFBmL_0t20CI_600x450.jpg1940 Chevy Master Deluxe 100C0C_lpgjOpsCQmk_0hq0d4_600x450.jpg00606_92QrqeuTr8U_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00t0t_45qRiHbhaUX_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00y0y_7nvpT7wmXHj_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00r0r_bJK6KPSs4yB_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Take all doo-dads off and the car will look better. Lose the visor and the curb finders as well.  I'm thinking the 12V conversion was done in order to bag the suspension but the seller makes no claims of it but maybe on inspection you'd see evidence of them.  Also this is not a fastback model; it's a 4 door sedan so his asking price is pretty high. Otherwise it's a pretty nice car. GLWTS

Somewhere under all that bling is a nice car.  You could get some money back by selling all the unnecessary add-ons.  Another case of beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, deac said:

I'm thinking the 12V conversion was done in order to bag the suspension

I would think the seller would make a point of mentioning a bagged suspension. Its not cheap and could be part of the reason the asking price is $35k.  On the other hand, you'd think he would show a picture of it in the lowered position like this beauty.

1938-chevrolet-master-deluxe-low-front-right-view.jpg?w=768&width=768&q=75&format=webp

12 hours ago, DrumBob said:

I see idiocy like this and ask, why do people add all that bling onto a nice old car? 

It's the low rider crowd; low and slow!.  They want to load the car up with as many accessories; it's pride, respect and represent their culture.  A good running original drivetrain is desired and horsepower is not a big deal.  I do respect the metalwork and the paint work these guys are capable of doing. 

• Thanks 1

Remove all Chevrolet ID and replace with Cadillac emblems and the ask might be close. No matter how much money you put into a car, the ceiling does not change. I think 20K for a very nice Chevrolet sedan is about right. Did he leave the fuzzy dice in his other car?