1955 Chevy Nomad project - $30,000 (Aloha OR)

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/d/beaverton-1955-chevy-nomad-project-pir/7725817854.html

1955 Chevrolet Nomad wagon project.
Last licensed in 1979. Ran when parked. Has a 1959 283 w/powerglide. Turns over by hand.
Nearly rust free. Spare tire well is rusted, as is one floor brace. A few pinholes in the rear floor, but that's all.
Very complete. Only thing I see missing is the liftgate hinge cover. The missing rocker moulding is in the car.  ****
New rear leaf springs and shocks.
New brake shoes, lines, wheel cylinders (not installed).
Driver door glass is cracked. All other glass is good.
Rolls and steers.
Clean title in my name.
Will be at PIR swap meet April 3rd-6th (unless it sells here by then). Space #2482 (near where the grandstands start on the home stretch).
$30,000
I can deliver within the Portland area. Possible farther for a fee.
No trades, I'm thinning the herd.
Call/text - (503) 515-9123

**** The gold colored "Nomad" emblem on the tailgate above the handle is also missing. Being a tri-five Chevy, virtually all parts are available

How much does a 1955 Chevy Nomad cost?

The 1955 Chevrolet Nomad runs anywhere from $75000, and upwards of $150,000. The price is reflective of their physical conditions, as well as any potential modifications that could've been done prior. Restomods have become popular over the years, as enthusiasts use modern technology to have fun on old platforms.

00u0u_3vWCjhgFWnQ_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01717_2woDF6jti4Q_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00R0R_457ZkWEMHNS_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00s0s_7Z3oFAxSHgs_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00404_6Bb2iknyWph_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1

Around 1987 or so, friend of mine in San Jose found a ‘56 or ‘57 Nomad - I have photos somewhere, it was in way better shape than this one. Original paint and interior. Was sitting in the seller’s backyard for eons. $300, or maybe it was $500? Took nothing for us to get it running and driving.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AdamInNH said:

Around 1987 or so, friend of mine in San Jose found a ‘56 or ‘57 Nomad - I have photos somewhere, it was in way better shape than this one. Original paint and interior. Was sitting in the seller’s backyard for eons. $300, or maybe it was $500? Took nothing for us to get it running and driving.

The days of $500. tri-five Chevys is long gone. You'd think they came with gold bars in the glove box these days. They're still holding pretty strong despite the general slackening of the market for '50's collector cars. We purchased, street raced (and scrapped) many a cheap '55-'57 Chevy back in the '60's.

• Like 5

Iconic car for obvious reasons, but you can see the downside of owning such iconic attractive cars: the price. $30k could buy some other nice looking old cars in pretty good condition.

If this car is solid, though, the buyer will probably come out alright, if he puts the effort and money into it. I still want one...I would just rather have $30k even more.

• Like 1

I want to know the story behind the name of the town: Aloha Oregon! 

Post has been deleted...Sold? probably. 

In 1983 Joseph H. Buck claimed that his uncle, the first postmaster, Julius Buck, named the office "Aloah" after a small resort on Lake Winnebago in Wisconsin. Supposedly the last two letters were transposed by the Post Office during the application process. The local pronunciation, however, has remained /əˈloʊ.

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2024 at 7:04 PM, 7th Son said:

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/d/beaverton-1955-chevy-nomad-project-pir/7725817854.html

1955 Chevrolet Nomad wagon project.
Last licensed in 1979. Ran when parked. Has a 1959 283 w/powerglide. Turns over by hand.
Nearly rust free. Spare tire well is rusted, as is one floor brace. A few pinholes in the rear floor, but that's all.
Very complete. Only thing I see missing is the liftgate hinge cover. The missing rocker moulding is in the car.  ****
New rear leaf springs and shocks.
New brake shoes, lines, wheel cylinders (not installed).
Driver door glass is cracked. All other glass is good.
Rolls and steers.
Clean title in my name.
Will be at PIR swap meet April 3rd-6th (unless it sells here by then). Space #2482 (near where the grandstands start on the home stretch).
$30,000
I can deliver within the Portland area. Possible farther for a fee.
No trades, I'm thinning the herd.
Call/text - (503) 515-9123

**** The gold colored "Nomad" emblem on the tailgate above the handle is also missing. Being a tri-five Chevy, virtually all parts are available

How much does a 1955 Chevy Nomad cost?

The 1955 Chevrolet Nomad runs anywhere from $75000, and upwards of $150,000. The price is reflective of their physical conditions, as well as any potential modifications that could've been done prior. Restomods have become popular over the years, as enthusiasts use modern technology to have fun on old platforms.

00u0u_3vWCjhgFWnQ_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01717_2woDF6jti4Q_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00R0R_457ZkWEMHNS_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00s0s_7Z3oFAxSHgs_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00404_6Bb2iknyWph_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Nice model but it will cost a lot of money and work to restore it.

Could that be a Ford Capri in the background?

5 hours ago, demco32 said:

Nice model but it will cost a lot of money and work to restore it.

I agree, I believe that you could be close to 70K to restore this. many one-off parts and the paint alone, done right could be 35K (can't cut corners here) plus replacing any panels will add up. Add interior, chrome and don't forget wiring front to back and that is the short list. These are nice cars when finished, but what could you buy for 100K? Maybe one that is finished, and you don't have the build to contend with. 

8 hours ago, demco32 said:

Definitely! I had a '73...great car, made in Germany. The first time I took the spare tire out, there was an empty schnapps bottle underneath. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 7th Son said:

The local pronunciation, however, has remained /əˈloʊ.

/əˈloʊ.      How is this pronounced?

The locals pronounce it like they are in Hawaii only not so much HA. More like Aloa, or the Aloah you mentioned.