A litle help on chassis i.d

Bob40

Saving this frame from the crusher even though I have no idea on the make or model. Included is a pic of a tag on the frame.

Thought perhaps Pontiac. Has hydraulic brakes yet still has wood wheels.

Appreciate the help.

Bob

IMG_6958.png

IMG_6961.JPG

IMG_6962.JPG

• Like 1

General Motors, makers of Pontiac, didn't switch to hydraulic brakes until later in the mid 1930s. Wheels could have been changed, but chassis design looks about 1930 also. Chrysler Corporation was the first of the big three to go with hydraulic brakes. Maybe Plymouth?  Does the one hubcap have a name on it?

5 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

General Motors, makers of Pontiac, didn't switch to hydraulic brakes until later in the mid 1930s. Wheels could have been changed, but chassis design looks about 1930 also. Chrysler Corporation was the first of the big three to go with hydraulic brakes. Maybe Plymouth?  Does the one hubcap have a name on it?

Chrysler products had a stamped number on the frame, not riveted tags.

The brackets  on the front of the frame horns don't look Chrysler.  Do you have a better picture of the device on the right front side of the  frame.  This would be a good clue.

15 hours ago, Bob40 said:

IMG_6961.JPG

Any  chance this tag has been fixed to the frame later? If so, it might be possible for the DMV to run the number through its database. Or even if its a factory number it could be in their database. Whether they would tell you might be another matter altogether.

I think Mark G is right! Which means it could be General Motors, and therefore Pontiac.

OP said "has hydraulic brakes" and I believed it rather than looking closer.

(Pay closer attention Sheldon!)

On 3/11/2024 at 10:55 PM, nzcarnerd said:

1929 Pontiac. The serials numbers ran from 410101 to 530874. 

And the tag is in the right place - 'under the left front fender'.

Thank you!