1983 Mercedes Benz 280SL manual - $18,500

So the same friend has another car he wants me to sell.

This is a 1983 280SL Benz gray market car.  All the importing and legalization was done years ago and my friend has a clean title in his hand.  It has an inline 6 cylinder backed by a 5 speed manual transmission.  Engine runs quite smooth and there is no smoke from the tailpipe.  There are no rattles, grinds from the transmission shifts flawlessly  The car had been resprayed and the fade from brown to body color is actually a sticker.  The car retains the European type bumpers and sealed bean headlights.  The hardtop is in good condition with the headliner intact.  Most all the interior accessories work including the clock.  The aftermarket radio emits static but no music; the power antenna does work!  The front seat upholstery is showing it's age however the seat heaters in both seats do work!  There is no rot or rust on the car.

This is a fun to drive car.  The 6 cylinder is very zippy.  Because it's a 6 coupled to a 5 speed it has a very nimble feel compared to to the 560SL. 

MBZ 280 105.jpg

MBZ 280 109.jpg

MBZ 280 110.jpg

MBZ 280 16.jpg

MBZ 280 106.jpg

MBZ 280 112.jpg

• Like 3

I have a friend who had a couple of Grey Market Benzes form this vintage. They were mostly will used (+50K miles) but he got several years of mostly trouble free motoring from them and no issues with parts. This seems like a very nice car, and the Euro look is really a lot better! 

I bought a 280SL like this one when I was on Vacation in Palm springs Ca years ago .A 6 runs good but the feeling of a 8 under your foot is MUCH better .Had to sell it because of my wife her back problems .Could also take another wife but I sold the car

• Like 1
  • Haha 1