Vinyl Optikleen and Kleer-View Bottle Labels Available

Riviera63

Today I received a sample of the vinyl Optikleen and Kleer-View bottle labels from Turbinator Industries, Inc. The labels have an adhesive back and are made of a heavy vinyl. In my mind these are clearly superior to the awful paper labels that we have had to put up with for years. I will be field testing one of the labels on my car this summer to see how they hold up to heat and grime of the engine compartment. 

As of now there are 2 versions available. I am lobbying the head of the Research and Development Department for Turbinator Industries to also produce the "Buick" version of the Kleer-View label. The head of the R & D department can be a little cranky but, hopefully, he will listen to reason and will soon come through with this version. If you are interested in one of these labels contact the Sales Department of Turbinator Industries. They are very reasonably priced.  

Bill

IMG_0966.JPG

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0968.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Bill, you have a '63 as well.

I think vinyl is good. Paper would become nicked the first time one were to remove the bottle with AC tubing directly above the bottle. Am I the only one having to "work" the bottle out from its bracket?

I would like a cap to go with that label.

39 minutes ago, XframeFX said:

Bill, you have a '63 as well.

I think vinyl is good. Paper would become nicked the first time one were to remove the bottle with AC tubing directly above the bottle. Am I the only one having to "work" the bottle out from its bracket?

I would like a cap to go with that label.

Hi John,

Yes, I have a 1963 also. I sprayed my paper label with several coats of clear lacquer and it has held up pretty well. I remove my Kleer-View bottle every fall when I put the car away for the winter. I have to be very careful when removing it from the bracket and putting it back in. It has held up pretty well.

The Optikleen label is shorter than the Kleer-View label so you do not have have that problem. Bob may have caps as well. If not they are available from many different sources. I know James Kehr has them.

Bill

20240220_144529.jpg

20230907_083226.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seafoam65 said:

I bought a vinyl label online ten years ago......it was readily available at that time.

I was not suggesting that these were not previously available. I was merely trying to help out my friend, a fellow forum member and other forum members. I am sure that there are many people out there that did not know a vinyl version was available. Now they know.

Bill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Gents, One of my customers looked that research project  up on his trim tag.

The gent commented about the switch over being the week of his birthday, in March. I forgot the year, but Ill ask him for the real scoop.

Lator Gator

• 4 weeks later...

Decided to remove the old Kleer-View label on my bottle. The Kleer-View label is taller than the Optkleen label. There was some concern that the bracket might cause damage to the label as it would come in contact with the label. These labels are made of very heavy vinyl and I don't think that will be a problem. There is some room where you can trim at the top and bottom. I did this and mounted as high high as I could on the bottle. There is some contact with the label but, very little.

Bill

IMG_1206.JPG