37 Packard 115C $37,000

This seems like a pretty nice car for the money.  Earlier this week I commented on sidemounts on Jr. Packards and while I would prefer this car without them even the 115 carries them better in 37 than the 38 - 42 models IMO. 

A lot like our 40 but with 37 you get the little trunk and rumble seat.  Legit CT establishment selling it:

https://www.automotiverestorations.com/1937-packard-115c

IMG_5139.jpg

• Like 5

That seems to be a good deal for a pre-war Packard. I would like to see it to get an idea of how good the workmanship is. There's a lot junk out there and for the price they are asking I have  some reservations about it!

I would expect a nice driver vs. a perfect car here, a few videos and a ton of pics on the site so you get some idea of the car.

If anyone buys this please be from outside CT.  On one hand, kind of cool that a friend downstate has a yellow 39 six, but that is enough.  I don't really want to see myself at every local show... 

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Haha 3

@bryankazmer I see that now. Explains something I was wondering about.  The 37 115 has a fairly stubby nose vs. My 40 110 which has a better proportioned hood IMO.  Yet the sidemounts are not up in the air on this car.  I think your right.  3,000 to 5,000 to fix?  Gotta find the right fenders first.  

If the door check straps are correct that won't happen.  Being there aren't any dents yet,  I would bet someone has adjusted them accordingly.  Problem is,  with the rebound factor to a rest position the door opening will be even smaller when open than it looks as you want probably a couple of inches for rebound so figure minimum of 3-4 less inches where the contact would be made,  when the door is in the resting open position.