For Sale: 1948 Triumph 2000 Roadster - Project - $8,000 - Peru, NY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1948 Triumph 2000 Roadster - Project - $8,000 - Peru, NY

1948 Triumph for sale by owner - Peru, NY - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1948 Triumph roaster with rear jump seats. Body is all aluminum and in great shape. Car is complete with original running gear I have original import papers from England. Needs total restoration or would make an awesome hot rod.
Copy and paste in your email: 48a6b5ecf56d31e898fa40611c8d236c@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1948 Triumph 2000 Roadster - Project.

'48 Triumph 2000 Roadster NY a.jpg

'48 Triumph 2000 Roadster NY b.jpg

'48 Triumph 2000 Roadster NY c.jpg

'48 Triumph 2000 Roadster NY d.jpg

• Like 2

These things are super cool! I’ve seen a couple of them that were high-quality restorations and they would be a blast to own. Not sure about this project but they don’t come around often so if you want one, this is probably worth checking out.

• Like 2

Very cool but basically a heavy aluminum over wood body frame on a fairly heavy (for type of car) frame without the power to move it along.  I love the look but the TR cars were just so much more agile.

If I ever managed to get in the "dickey seat" I would likely be screwed and need to be professionally extracted...😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Here is a local example in driver condition.  Cool cars - you wpuld not likely see yourself at a show with one...

20190804_122828.jpg

The more I look at this, I see that Horns on the Bumper is definitely the move.  

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Very cool but basically a heavy aluminum over wood body frame on a fairly heavy (for type of car) frame without the power to move it along.  I love the look but the TR cars were just so much more agile.

If I ever managed to get in the "dickey seat" I would likely be screwed and need to be professionally extracted...😁

Yes Alloy Body  But steel front wings