1938 Buick town car, not mine.

Back in the late 1960s/early 1970s the Tunick Brothers of Greenwich, Ct. had two of these parked behind a chain link fence on their automotive sale lot in the center of town on the main route.

• Like 5

Xander, I don’t do Facebook so I have a question for you. The late Bob Trueax, who owned the Buick Brewster, also owned a custom built woodie on a 1938 Buick Century chassis. Are you able to go on Facebook and see if the handler of the Brewster is also selling the woodie?  The woodie body was built for Trueax by Bob Hinds in the 1990s. Hinds had a wooden boat building business in Berkeley prior to the 1990s. In his retirement he restored Buicks and Cadillacs in his former boat building facility. He was a master woodworker and designed and built the wood body for the 1938 Buick Century chassis. Thank you. 

13 minutes ago, Shootey said:

Xander, I don’t do Facebook so I have a question for you. The late Bob Trueax, who owned the Buick Brewster, also owned a custom built woodie on a 1938 Buick Century chassis. Are you able to go on Facebook and see if the handler of the Brewster is also selling the woodie?  The woodie body was built for Trueax by Bob Hinds in the 1990s. Hinds had a wooden boat building business in Berkeley prior to the 1990s. In his retirement he restored Buicks and Cadillacs in his former boat building facility. He was a master woodworker and designed and built the wood body for the 1938 Buick Century chassis. Thank you. 

I have never seen one of these before.

Seller doesn't have any other cars for sale.

Lists an Alpine engine and a leather jacket.

• Like 1

Regarding the woodie, I learned from the sales handler that it sold. As woodies go it went for a reasonable price. I was informed it needed a lot of work to finish it up. The wood body was completed in the 1990s but much more work and expense is needed to finish it. The buyer isn't sure if he will hot rod it or do it as a stock 1938 Buick Century. 

9 hours ago, Shootey said:

Sounds like Jack M already answered your question.