antique packard twin six parts-engine transmission?

2 hours ago, stephen cathey said:

I have a 1917 packard twin six engine and trans in my woods,grandfather abandoned it long ago   guages, windshield frame & stuff wondering if it is worth tying to retrieve?

Photo?

Location?

Probably worth more than the scrap metal $/lb value, but not by much, when loaded onto a truck.

The small parts-ancillaries can be worth some $ to some people.  But a small market for a 1917 Packard.

• Like 2

Having restored a Packard twin six limo, I'm very knowledgeable regarding engines and mechanical parts. I live in Western Washington and would be glad to check it out with you. Several parts are unobtanium. For example the fan is cast aluminum and if not broken is a very desirable. The carburetor and aluminum intake are sot after if useable. The starter and generator are good items. 

contact me brasscarguy@comcast.net

• Like 3

I have a 1916 (but 1915-built, early s/n) Twin Six. I am in contact with other Twin Six owners. It's a small community, but we help each other when we can. So I, like many T6 owners, collect parts. I am interested. Please send pictures of what you have.

email me at packardnorm@comcast.net

I am in Florida, but have a daughter in Washington state.

Thank you,

Norm Madsen

• Like 1

Did you ever see the twin six limousine in the museum in Ft Lauderdale? I restored that car.. I sold it to Authur Stone, he owned the museum.

My wife and I shipped it to Warren Ohio for the 100th anniversary of the founding of Packard. Out of 1200 Packards, from all over the world, We took first place in class and won 1st place in Peoples choice! Not bad for a back yard restoration.

I might have a few pieces around not sure. Might even have some literature. Will check it out and let you know.

brasscarguy

• Like 3

brasscarguy,

Would love to see anything you have about the car. I went to the Stone collection twice and was online for the sad auctions.

I was just looking at the foldout postcard from the museum yesterday. 

The Limo was one of my favorites there. Please email me.

Thanks!

Norm