Upholstery Material for ‘79 Estate Wagon, help

MrEarl

1 minute ago, dmfconsult said:

That looks fantastic!  It’s awesome that the upholsterer was willing to come and remove and reinstall the seats, that kind of service doesn’t exist near me!  

Thanks. Yeah I know, I was happy he offered. And he wouldn’t even accept extra compensation or a tip for it. 
so I’m curious, what would any of you think would be a fair cost for this upholstery work. 

For 3.5 days I’m thinking it would be in the $3-3500 range.  I was quoted $4k a couple of years ago to do some work on my Electra, but it was more than just the front seat, assuming I removed the seats and brought them in and I had the material like you did. I was told it would be about 4 days back then. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EmTee said:

Looks great!  Has Elvis tried it out yet?  :P

Ha ha, not yet. Rita did though and got plum giggly she liked them so. I tried the passenger side out as couldn’t maneuver around the steering wheel, it was awesome! 

• Like 2

That front seat looks more comfortable than my living room couches!  You might want to consider putting it in your house when you're done with the station wagon.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, dship said:

You might want to consider putting it in your house when you're done with the station wagon.

Just replace the bay window with an overhead door!  ;)

• Haha 2

On 5/23/2024 at 7:26 PM, dmfconsult said:

I'm wondering if it's worth the drive to Georgia to hand deliver my Electra to this guy!  Might be cheaper (and better) than what I can get locally... 😅

Come on down 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lamar, I've had this question since this thread started.

I've owned Pontiac, Chevrolet and Oldsmobile versions of these wagons and the front and rear seat cloth upholstery was the same. The 78 Caprice and 81 Catalina were 3-seaters and the third seats were vinyl. The 83 Custom  Cruiser was a 2-seater with vinyl. A friend has a 77 LeSabre Estate 2-seater with red vinyl front and rear.

Is the different front and rear seat upholstery an Electra Estate thing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocketraider said:

Is the different front and rear seat upholstery an Electra Estate thing?

It was an option. Sometime referred to as childproof rear seat. 

IMG_8391.jpeg.da5cd792e748774c06e0a1f67c117a6d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There was a discussion recently over in the Riviera forum regarding how Buick referred to the chrome plated 'road wheels'.  RivNut posted a 1965 order sheet that called them simply "Chrome Plated Wheels".  Apparently Buick kept that nomenclature throughout their existence, as evidenced on your window sticker.

image.png.09f9bafc03085a88e0bccf46d65c8f13.png

• Like 3