For Sale: 1955 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe Nassau Hardtop - "Stored in my barn over 30 yrs" - Nugget Gold & White - San Luis Obispo, CA - Not Mine - 4/13 & 1/12 Reduced - 4/26 Deleted

For sale on Craigslist: 1955 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe Nassau 2-door Hardtop in San Luis Obispo, CA  -  $13,600  -  Call Glenn: 805 431 53 seven seven

On 1/12, Seller reduced price to $12,200

On 4/13, Seller reduced price to $8,900 and relisted on Craigslist

Link to relist: https://slo.craigslist.org/cto/d/san-luis-obispo-1955-chrysler-windsor/7736890135.html

Seller's Description:

1955 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe Nassau 2-door Hardtop

• condition: good
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 31,241
  • paint color: custom
  • title status: clean

This classic MOPAR has been stored in my barn for over thirty years with other cars I’ve collected. The car cover, as shown in the picture, has started to deteriorate in areas. I’ve finally made the decision to move the 40 Mercury out , which is not for sale at this time, and place the Chrysler over to the shop area of the barn. I have started to clean and inspect the condition prior to placing this add. I’m hopeful that there’s a MOPAR enthusiast locally that could take advantage of buying this classic.

• It’s a 1955 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe two door hardtop Nassau model painted in Gold Nugget with a Desert Sand top. The paint is in good condition and still holds a shine when buffed. Also the chrome polishes out with a small amount of pitting in areas. I’ve put used replacement tires on and have all the wheels freed up and rolling. The sixty eight year old brake system will need attention but still seem to stop the car when pushed.

• The interior upholstery is in great shape as witnessed by the pictures. There are no cracks in the dash pad, door panels or rear side panels. The rear seat even still has the clear plastic protective covers on it. The painted dash is beautiful and no signs of fading. The original steering wheel is in great condition and will clean up almost like new. The original floor mats are still in the car and in good shape. All the glass is intact and also in good condition. The only two ares of the interior that need to be addressed are the bottom of the drivers front seat because the fabric has deteriorated. The headliner is stained with a small hole above the passenger sun visor.

• This 1955 model has the original 301ci POLY SPITFIRE V8. It’s a great lookin motor with an original air gap intake and Spitfire valve covers. Chrysler designed the so called Poly heads in the development of the first early 331ci HEMI. We have started inspecting the condition of the motor. So we pulled the spark plugs and to our surprise they look almost new as shown by the provided picture. We removed the distributor cap to replace the points and condenser but they also look new. Then we looked at the condition of the oil and it’s not at all blacked and still seems to be in good enough shape to start the motor before changing. We bought a new battery and the motor turns over very easily but the starter solenoid stuck so we pulled the starter. After this inspection of the motor we are convinced that it is in good shape and with a little attention should run.

I’m offering this classic for inspection by appointment only. The perspective buyer must call the number provided to set up an appointment. I’m not going to respond to text or email messages. I’m very willing to make myself available for inspection at most required times. Asking $13,600. Thanks Again for checking out this add, Glenn

image.png.086ff385c6a9093da52cd8b9c7220699.png

image.png.05f5271b26287732014ea0719147feb3.png

image.png.70e20c2ffdf98f4175788c10cccb32b6.png

image.png.bcbee4ccc777ef3fae17a8fe90e9b3ff.png

image.png.1f394b0ff4e3f4bbef9d916934d70dea.png

image.png.27ad1ce7b7b94637dee3c8f48433ae9c.png

image.png.c59bf9e7d6956dd65bc35ba66cdedb67.png

image.png.6b720349516a35f1c01d9922aa8c726e.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 2

30 years stored in a barn, always amazing to me. Very attractive colors and good description of the condition.  That's already rare enough. But I guess people want to get the hemi engine and not this. Price seems to be a good starting point. 

Finseeker - great find! 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe Nassau Hardtop - "Stored in my barn over 30 yrs" - Nugget Gold & White - San Luis Obispo, CA - Not Mine - 1/12 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe Nassau Hardtop - "Stored in my barn over 30 yrs" - Nugget Gold & White - San Luis Obispo, CA - Not Mine - 1/12 Reduced - 1/23 Deleted

I will be interested in looking at this car after the end of February.  I am currently purchasing some land and will need to complete that task before buying another car.  If the original poster is still willing to show the car, I really would like to go see it.  I really like this car!  I own a 1955 Chrysler New Yorker St. Regis and would like a Windsor also.

3 hours ago, classiccarjack said:

I will be interested in looking at this car after the end of February.  I am currently purchasing some land and will need to complete that task before buying another car.  If the original poster is still willing to show the car, I really would like to go see it.  I really like this car!  I own a 1955 Chrysler New Yorker St. Regis and would like a Windsor also.

Classiccarjack:

You need to call the Seller to discuss details and possible viewing arrangements.

His name and number are: Glenn - Phone # 805 431 53 seven seven.   

Good luck with your search!

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 2:57 AM, 6T-FinSeeker said:

Classiccarjack:

You need to call the Seller to discuss details and possible viewing arrangements.

His name and number are: Glenn - Phone # 805 431 53 seven seven.   

Good luck with your search!

Hi Finseeker,

I did reach out, and Glenn let me speak to the owner of the car.  I am now trying to find a way to get time off to go look at it.  Fingers are crossed!  Thanks for sharing the post here, you are a big help for those of us looking for one of these amazing cars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/7/2024 at 12:27 AM, Pont 46 said:

As much as I like this car, if it doesn't run, than it's a $5000 project car

I agree, many unknowns with the mechanical systems. The car does have value, but if you have stored it in a non temperature controlled environment for 30 years, and now you are ready to sell, there must be a discount. I would question the 30,000 miles given the condition of the seat. Maybe he liked to go out to the barn and sit in it and not drive it.    

• Like 1

19 hours ago, classiccarjack said:

Hi Finseeker,

I did reach out, and Glenn let me speak to the owner of the car.  I am now trying to find a way to get time off to go look at it.  Fingers are crossed!  Thanks for sharing the post here, you are a big help for those of us looking for one of these amazing cars.

Hi Classiccarjack,

Please update us after you inspect the car.  We look forward to more info and pictures!

Best of luck!

JP

On 1/30/2024 at 6:05 PM, 6T-FinSeeker said:

Hi Classiccarjack,

Please update us after you inspect the car.  We look forward to more info and pictures!

Best of luck!

JP

Hello 6T-FinSeeker,

I didn't take any photos....  Here is my sad story.

I showed up with the asking price in cash in my pocket. I had high hopes this was the one car I was dreaming of. Once Roger opened the garage door I got to see the back of the car.  The reverse lights, and taillights were perfect other than pitting on the chrome.  I opened the hood and gazed upon the 301.  They started the car for me.  It sounded great!  After looking over the interior, and looking into the engine bay, there is no doubt that this is a 30,000 miles survivor car!  Wow!  I was so surprised and excited that I couldn't believe it!

Then I looked down at the grill area.  All of the chrome on this car is pitted, not a deal breaker, but some of it was really bad.  At the edges of the grill, looking through the bottom areas where the sheet metal is, I saw heavily corroded steel.  Oh oh...  I  thought....  Then I felt sad, something wasn't right.  I then got on my hands and knees to look down the lower sides of the car.  The passenger front fender is bondo'ed flush with the body.  The left side at least had a groove molded into it, but also full of bondo.  The rockers are full of bondo, and the quarter panels are skillfully molded with bondo.  Sigh...  Devastated and heart broken, I thought this car was the one.  I spent days with fantasies of driving this car everywhere.  Now my dreams were fading fast...  ugh

I am looking for a car that I don't have to completely strip the body and restore it to remove a lot of rust.  I already own two other 1955's like that, my 1955 300 and my New Yorker Deluxe St. Regis(2 door).  I asked Glen and Roger if they were firm with the price and their faces both went sour and I felt as if like they wanted me to leave.  No negotiations were on the table.  $12,000.00 firm.  And Glen said he has a buyer in Viasalia ready to come and pay the asking price.  He also mentioned that people are willing to pay top dollar for a car in this condition.  They seemed like great guys to me, I hope the guy in Viasalia is looking for a rusty car, and will pay that price to help Roger out with making the sale.

If people are flipping cars like this by modification of a newer driveline system and reselling it as a "patina" thing, maybe it would be perfect for that kind of buyer.  I am looking for a solid rust free car running or not. I want to restore one that won't cost me months of time welding, fabricating panels, and reconditioning all of the sheet metal. I build my own engines, transmissions, rear ends and do my own wiring, so that being said, a restored car by someone else, in a color I don't like, isn't something I desire.  Perfect chrome is not existing on a machine this old, so I am not being unreasonable, just realistic.  I saw one rust free 2 door Windsor sell in Arizona in past December for $3200.00.  I wish I would have known about that car before it sold!

I guess the search is on.  I am not being cheap, I just don't have time to dump into performing massive rust repair into a third 1955 Chrysler.  Nobody makes panels for these cars.  Everything you see would have to be shaped by Hand.  A lot of work...  I hope and pray to find a good 2 door with good sheet metal on it.  Engine or not...  Fingers crossed that I can find a good 2 door Windsor Deluxe. 

I want to a have an all original car, not a car with Ford suspension and a Chevrolet drive train.  Or a rust bucket with a LS in it with a custom frame. 

Here is my penny's worth of what I saw.  This car is a 5 hour drive away from me, and I wouldn't have traveled far to look at this car if I had know about the hidden rust. I owned a Mopar restoration shop for over 12 years.  I am familiar with rust repair and I am good at it.  This car can be saved, and it worth being saved, but I feel it should be at a lower price for what needs to be done to it.  If it was a complete Chrysler 300, different deal.  But it's not even a Hemi car.  This car has potential, don't get me wrong.  It is just not for me at $12,000.00.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe Nassau Hardtop - "Stored in my barn over 30 yrs" - Nugget Gold & White - San Luis Obispo, CA - Not Mine - 4/13 & 1/12 Reduced

On 4/13,

Seller reduced price to $8,900 and relisted: 1955 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe Nassau 2-door Hardtop in San Luis Obispo, CA  -  Call Glenn: 805 431 53 seven seven

Link: https://slo.craigslist.org/cto/d/san-luis-obispo-1955-chrysler-windsor/7736890135.html

Seller's Description:

1955 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe Nassau 2-door Hardtop

• condition: excellent
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 31,241
  • paint color: custom
  • title status: clean

image.png.40c98087e97fac3ecad5c9290dbb2fc6.png

image.png.866cb8bdc82b7595bad4ebe6d3412d2a.png

image.png.392f5ca6581b8d8ba7d843fd96af2c3f.png

image.png.af6c987acb211c1d2fbe41f02ce92157.png

image.png.6740f90696675a4a8a06e989ad852794.png

1956, how beautiful your tail lights are. These tail lights remind me of a 54 Skylark, not as bad as a skylark. Color is most likely holding this one back. I don’t mind it. A underside inspection for rust would be a good idea. Chrysler had great cars in these years.

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe Nassau Hardtop - "Stored in my barn over 30 yrs" - Nugget Gold & White - San Luis Obispo, CA - Not Mine - 4/13 & 1/12 Reduced - 4/26 Deleted