1956 Roadmaster 2 Door Hardtop $5500 Minnesota

Is this the going price for a full on project 56 or most 1950's Buick 2 door hardtop?   They don't sell on FB marketplace, they sit there for sometimes years but the sellers don't seem to budge.  He has lowered it from $6,000 to $5,500 but if this was a "hot" project, it should be gone by now.   

I'm interested, but I guess I am cheap.  I am 60 in 3 weeks, have a fun little Mazda Miata to scratch the itch, but am looking for 2 projects or cars.   1. to do with an 18 year old and 2. one to send to a professional well regarded restoration shop.  

This one would probably go to the shop, is northwest of Minneapolis and would cost me $400 or so to a friend with a trailer to go get it.   I don't know, maybe I better pass on all of this stuff. 

What's a fair price?  Sure, it's one of the great 1950's Buicks, a Roadmaster 2 door hardtop - but all of those BCA members in Minnesota know about this one, and have passed.   

I would think $2500.   So this seller would say no, I would be labeled a "low baller."  I think that is why potential buyers just pass on this one.  

• Like 1

Over here in the real world where I live this rough disassembled parts car might be worth $1000-$1500 tops. I wouldn't be afraid of making a lowball offer, that's how the seller ended up with the car in the first place. 

• Like 7

Going by the fact that one of the pictures is of the car on trailer. The seller probably paid $2,500 for it and he's trying to flip it for double. Just putting the missing parts on it would be a lot of time and effort, let alone sorting out why it was disassembled in the first place. 

Edited by drhach (see edit history)