1963 Buick Wildcat Rebuild from Theft.

ManiN

Hi All, I recently purchased a 63 Wildcat that was stolen and recovered a few years ago, and several parts were removed.  So far what I can determine is the fuse block under the dash was cut out, nothing else disturbed on the interior, however, the wiring in the engine bay is removed.

For the engine so far I can tell it's missing several bolt on parts such as:

• Carb and kick down linkage
  • Alternator
  • PS pump & brackets
  • Fan
  • Fan pulley
  • Distributor, coil, wires
  • Radiator & top bracket.
  • Various fasteners such as some head bolts that go through the alternator bracket and on coolant bridge.
  • Air cleaner assy.
  • Wiper motor & blade arms

Exterior all that seems missing is the driver side door trim 

So my question is, where is the best place to search for these parts?  I see some stuff on ebay, but I know groups & forums can be a better shot.  Also, for the wiring, it seems very difficult to find any electrical connector parts used by Buick in this era.  If I were to rebuild a harness, I'd like to use the delphi connector on the firewall, but it seems impossible to find those.  Otherwise the common connectors seem to be available.

It'll be a project getting it running again, but so worth it as this car is very solid.

Wildcat Engine DS.png

Wildcat Engine PS.png

Wildcat Engine.png

Wildcat.png

Wildcat2.png

Edited by ManiN
missing info (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I'm with Don. Those were selectively targeted parts. Getting them from a junkyard car is one thing, but stealing someone else's car to get them is really low.

I would think all 1963 B-body Buicks (and possibly Electra) use the same fuse block and connectors. Other 60s Buicks and even other GM makes might also use the same fuse block.

If you're a BCA member a parts wanted ad in the Bugle might find the parts you need.

If not, there's several restoration-oriented wiring companies who can supply the harness and components.

Something like Painless Wiring (it ain't, believe me) is an absolute last resort.

Yes, there's something to be said for looking for a parts car to buy, especially when it comes to all those little parts like bolts, brackets, and specialized fasteners. Obviously, it's harder to find decent 1960's BUICK parts cars these days, compared to some years back. But, it's probably worth devoting some time to pursue that solution.

As I mentioned in my post above, I do have a SHOW QUALITY, rebuilt Carter AFB carb available for your '63. It was never used for the project I was working on at the time, and has been in the original shipping box ever since. Rebuilt by the well-respected BUICK craftsman and vendor, Carmen Faso. I just shot some quick pictures, as seen below. Let me know, if you're interested. I'll send you better photos and other info via a private message here on the forum. Thanks. John

002(900x841).jpg.c8bcc0f960a47ffd67d82bf267818632.jpg003(900x542).jpg.0b5e1e720f89dba89353f8f52fe71349.jpg004(900x800).jpg.d9396f1587fefd1bbd7f7593ae2ec2b2.jpg007(900x685).jpg.ce0114be5bb7ee97e184197be5f71fc6.jpg005(669x900).jpg.f9f8b2e9dc2c2fb2681c0eebcbf0e542.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Making some headway on this.  However, still on the lookout for a water pump pulley.  Does anyone know if there is some interchange?  Do SBC pulleys fit?  I believe the one needed for this non-AC car is a 2 groove pulley.  Like this:

image.png.602f67159f10cc54c0e8afdea7c3e963.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 12:52 PM, rocketraider said:

I'm with Don. Those were selectively targeted parts. Getting them from a junkyard car is one thing, but stealing someone else's car to get them is really low.

I would think all 1963 B-body Buicks (and possibly Electra) use the same fuse block and connectors. Other 60s Buicks and even other GM makes might also use the same fuse block.

If you're a BCA member a parts wanted ad in the Bugle might find the parts you need.

If not, there's several restoration-oriented wiring companies who can supply the harness and components.

Something like Painless Wiring (it ain't, believe me) is an absolute last resort.

I know of 2 1963 wildcats if you're still needing parts.

Bit of a progress update.  Here is the current state.  Set the air cleaner on to see if everything fits, since I used an Edelbrock AVS2.  Factory air cleaner is the wrong inner dia. and probably too tall, not sure on that.  But anyway, I'll use the Edelbrock until I figure out what I want to do.   The wire harness will be wrapped with Tesa harness wrap once I verify all is well.  I should be able to start it up this weekend.  Just waiting on a fuel filter to be installed.

image.jpeg.df3f651c6085b3a642bd7980b4b1456f.jpeg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Edelbrock is Still a great running carb.  I have one on my 69 Vette (5.7). Works extremely well.  I like it better than Demon,Holley or Carter.  I have used them All. 

You're right, it's running great so far.  Air cleaner fits fine as far as height goes.  I just need to bevel the manifold ports a little where the carb mounts as the butterfly valve ever so slightly drags.  This is a known issue, but I figured I'd deal with it later.  Now is later haha.  Also need to plug off the exhaust passage.

• Like 1