For Sale:  1947 Nash 600 4dr Slipstream Sedan - $17,000 - Bellingham / Birchwood, WA - Not Mine

For Sale:  1947 Nash 600 4dr Slipstream Sedan - $17,000 - Bellingham / Birchwood, WA.

1947 Nash Ambassador for sale by owner - Bellingham, WA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Check out this awesome 1947 Nash Ambassador 600! A truly rare sight these days. These cars were always playing catch-up to the big three sedans like Ford, Chevy and Dodge in the sales races back in the day. Subsequent attrition hasn't been kind to these cars with many being used-up or scrapped making these a rare collector sight. This Nash is a well-maintained older restoration. The paint shows exceptionally well and the panel gaps are uniform and tight. The interior is in excellent condition from its most recent restoration work. The flathead, 172.6 cubic inch six-cylinder engine starts easily and purrs like a kitten. It runs with that legendary smoothness all inline sixes are known for. The 3-speed manual transmission shifts well and the car rides tight and smooth on its white wall tires. Some of the electronics have been disconnected by a prior to protect them, but they all appear to work well when hooked up if you wanted to reconnect it all. There are some minor dents that can be noticed up close and a history of some prior underbody rust repair is evident. Not bad for a 77-year-old car! Come scoop this lovely Nash Ambassador 600 up before it's to late and own a a unique piece of history! They have quite the following and rarely stay on the market long. Seller is willing to entertain reasonable trades (Cessna 150 / 172 anyone?) if the right offer comes along.
Copy and paste in your email: bc36df57aa97398abfb687acc8d89699@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1947 Nash 600 4dr Slipstream Sedan.

Note: A Nash Series 4740 is the 600, not the Ambassador.

'47 Nash 600 WA a.jpg

'47 Nash 600 WA b.jpg

'47 Nash 600 WA c.jpg

'47 Nash 600 WA d.jpg

'47 Nash 600 WA e.jpg

'47 Nash 600 WA f.jpg

'47 Nash 600 WA g.jpg

'47 Nash 600 WA h.jpg

'47 Nash 600 WA i.jpg

'47 Nash 600 WA j.jpg

• Like 2

Painted rocker mouldings, incorrect interior with a black?? headliner, no sunvisors and holes in the rear fenders where the stone guards should be. The visible dents and the mention of prior underbody rust repairs are two big minuses for me. And don't leave that battery connected or the car could go up in smoke.  Certainly a flip as the seller states these cars have quite a following and they rarely stay on the market for long. Seriously for sale? Knock at least $7K off the price.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TerryB said:

The back up lights really got my attention, must be seriously dark where the owner lived.

Can't miss them on the painted bumpers!   Even silver painted bumpers look better than trying to match them to the body color.

"They (Nashes) have quite the following and rarely stay on the market long."   This made me laugh!  But, then again, the fellow is trying to peddle his Nash.  Postwar Nashes: The automotive personification of your old maid Aunt Edna; solid, sensible, had money in the bank...but was no FUN at all!!!

• Like 1

I have owned several of these cars. Yes they have a strong following but candidly,  this looks like a car that is going to need everything. There are Ambassadors out there for less and they are much better cars.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ericmac said:

I have owned several of these cars. Yes they have a strong following but candidly,  this looks like a car that is going to need everything. There are Ambassadors out there for less and they are much better cars.

I agree the Ambassador was a better car. Dad had a 1950 Statesman 4 door, "powered" by the L-Head 184 cid, 85 hp 6, as opposed to the substantially stronger Ambassador's L-Head 234 cid 115 hp Eight. While it rode well, and was comfortable, the performance was at best, anemic. He often quipped " it couldn't get out of it's own way. Ultimately it was broadsided by a '50 Chevy convertible which ran a stop sign. Owing to the unibody design, repairs exceeded the value, and was sold off, replaced by a flashy new 2-tone '57 Plymouth Savoy with a 215 hp 301 (actually 299.61 cid) V-8, Sportone, and PowerFlyte.

A local Nash 600 owner joked that his 600 might be able to travel that far on a tankful of gas but it was so gutless and anemic, it took so much time to get anywhere that it would just seem like 600 miles! 

• Like 1

My first Nash and first car, also a '47 600 was a real deal 30 MPG car, so long as it was back roads at 40-50 MPH. It definitely was not the car a 16 year old leadfoot had in mind, which is probably the very reason my parents allowed me to have it!

• Like 1