How to find judged car shows? Is there an app?

Littlestown Mike

I maintain a shareable Google calendar of nationwide Buick, Riviera, and local to me events, mostly cruise nights, fundraisers, and whatever else I find. I look at a lot of sources, like Facebook, Car Show Calendar, BCA, AACA, etc. Based on my searching the data is inconsistent and and scattershot.

Related, if anyone wants to co-moderate/maintain it with stuff from their area, I'm happy to give you access so you can add stuff.

12 hours ago, ted sweet said:

you wont find many truely judged shows at the local level

I can't think of but one show out here that judges the way I see you guys talking about.

Doesn't really interest me because I have only been to that one local to me concourse show a few times over the years.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

On 12/30/2023 at 9:36 AM, Littlestown Mike said:

I am sure veryone knows when THEIR local region has its annual show--judged, or not.  But how can you find shows NOT in your region, but maybe in an area you will be visiting?

Is there an easy way to find local shows?

Would be interesting to learn how you define "judged" show.

Terry

1 hour ago, JACK M said:

Assuming some AACA standards that I know nothing about.

I have won lots of trophies with my street rods.

Was wondering what the OP had in mind. I think lot of "judging" is more a popular choice style.

Terry

• Like 2

I showed a car at a concours event that used “French Judging” which was a subjective evaluation of the “overall presentation of the car”. No points or points deduction was involved. A very different judging methodology used by AACA and other events 

What is your car ( I apologize if you have stated before) and why at a level less stringent than Hershey? AACA judging is not bad. In fact I think its a very fair way to have a car judged. Dont be afraid, give it a go. As far as the local area, I have gone to a lot of shows and have found none that are actually 'point judged' as it be. Like mentioned most are peoples choice, even with judges they end up being the 'choice' of the judges. You are competing against all of the cars in the show lumped into one category. If the judges like a particular model guess what is going to win. This kind of judging doesnt give the cars (or the owners) their due respect, basically a popularity contest. There is a large show in Jarrettsville every spring sponsered by the corvette club. Lots of interesting cars but by and large the majority of the winners are corvettes. Unless you go to a marque specific show I doubt you will find what you may be looking for. With the AACA you are competing against yourself basically. Yes your final award is dependent on how you stack up against the others in your category, but your car is judged on how well its put together, not how it compares to the one beside it.