Austin year, model?

ia-k

14 minutes ago, Bloo said:

I think it's an Austin A-40 of some sort, and there are several. Maybe a Devon. I am going to guess late 40s to early 50s until someone nails it down closer.

Of all the goofy oddball stuff in my literature collection, I have a shop manual for an A40, 1958 I think.  It’s tucked away that I can’t get to it just now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bloo said:

I think it's an Austin A-40 of some sort, and there are several. Maybe a Devon. I am going to guess late 40s to early 50s until someone nails it down closer.

Yes 1950 to 52 Devon.  1947 to 49 Devons had 5 inch headlights and fluted bumpers(fenders in Brit speak).  1950 to 52 had 7 inch headlights and plain bumpers.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TerryB said:

The car has that Morris Minor look on the front end.  I have a hard time dating British cars because the styling seems so much different for the exact same time frame for US cars.

Austin & Morris merged in 1952  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Motor_Corporation

The British Motor Corporation Limited (BMC) was a UK-based vehicle manufacturer, formed in early 1952 to give effect to an agreed merger of the Morris and Austin businesses.[1]

BMC acquired the shares in Morris Motors and the Austin Motor Company. Morris Motors, the holding company of the productive businesses of the Nuffield Organization, owned MG, Riley, and Wolseley.[1]

The agreed exchange of shares in Morris or Austin for shares in the new holding company, BMC, became effective in mid-April 1952.

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

5 hours ago, TerryB said:

Of all the goofy oddball stuff in my literature collection, I have a shop manual for an A40, 1958 I think.  It’s tucked away that I can’t get to it just now.

The 1958 A40 is a completely different car.  Bears no resemblance at all to a Devon.