FS: 1940 Buick Super Sedan

Drakeule

I have decided to sell my 1940 Super Sedan. It has a nice period correct two-tone repaint in Luddington/French-English green. Front seat redone in Bedford cord, headliner good (except for 2 holes where somebody thought the coat hooks go..) New hoses, recent tune up. It has Denham tires (which must be +15 years old.) and drives fine. The steering wheel is functional, but needs to be replaced to look right. Most chrome replated.

The front wheelwell boxes are rusted through on either side edges (i.e., a view of the road.)However, not structural.KIMG0652-Copy.JPG.0fd6de757f9e829e70c80b50c69a68d0.JPGKIMG0653-Copy.JPG.fad36bbc89b15255ea05d679b9155c3a.JPG

Everything works, and it's a joy to drive. I just want to sell (and get something 1960s.) since I do have my '40 Roadmaster Sport coupe.

18K$/obo. <Drakeule@verizon.net> or PM me for phone number.

Charlie Drake,

Potomac, Md.

KIMG0647.JPG

KIMG0649.JPG

KIMG0650.JPG

KIMG0651 - Copy (2).JPG

KIMG0646.JPG

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Drakeule said:

BTW, since those pics, I have "doctored" the old front mat by spraying it with Flex-seal, and installed 2 new inserts. I know a new mat is available for C bodied cars, as I bought one for my RM.

How did the mat work out? Where did you get it? I have been thinking about one for my 4052 series LaSalle for years, but the Buick people that sell them are not very encouraging to LaSalle people. I have not pursued it because of that.

1 hour ago, Drakeule said:

Sticking my neck out here...

Does anybody think that the price (18k$) is fair or is it too high?

It's an attractive car in good colors, and you wrote a good, honest ad.

This is a good forum for feedback, but maybe less so for selling a car. Not everyone uses Facebook.

And December isn't primetime everywhere for selling an old car. Things tend to pick up in March or so.

Your asking price might be a bit on the high side, but it depends on what time of year you're trying to sell it. What's a $15K car in December might be a $19K car in May.

My best advice is to advertise it on one of the speciality sites, Hemmings, Cars Online, Auto Trader, etc. They aren't free, but you'll likely get more action.

Good luck!

• Like 3

Suchan:

Thanks for the eval. Truly not a good time to sell!. I also have it on CL; not the best place to post either, but only $5 /month. I figure better to get it out there than wait. I'll get serious about selling when your said: March.

Thanks,

CD