Not mine: 1941 Cadillac series 62 for sale in Staatsburg, New York. Still for sale, reduced price to 14500 OBO.

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1750821/1941-cadillac-series-62-for-sale-in-staatsburg-new-york-12580

40628912-1941-cadillac-sedan-thumb.jpg.505bf383a363e8847b6a4bbf661a63ca.jpg40628900-1941-cadillac-sedan-thumb.jpg.e4bd0e1b2d80ea1b65d7200696217463.jpg40628902-1941-cadillac-sedan-thumb.jpg.f921093b3f983a4b3a2f9b021cc8b7c4.jpg40628903-1941-cadillac-sedan-thumb.jpg.7783308ba476dbb0aef394a39352d98e.jpg

40628906-1941-cadillac-sedan-thumb.jpg.69af53bad6fb9e030abf6d3b1bb21ffc.jpg40628909-1941-cadillac-sedan-thumb.jpg.40f68dda5f80e777fa91fc63cb00c866.jpg40628910-1941-cadillac-sedan-thumb.jpg.bfcf29e93534439712b89dd8e47800e9.jpg

40628911-1941-cadillac-sedan-thumb.jpg.57fe88afa3366c113352dbe05cffd81c.jpg

ALL ORIGINAL low mileage 1941 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan. Just out of long storage. Runs great. Paint is original and interior is as it left the factory, almost perfect. Doors open and close perfectly, like a bank vault. Carpet can use replacing. Beautiful original woodgrain dash. Tires are good. Brakes work but need updating. This is a true Time Capsule. Drive as is (recommended) or restore.  Call or Text 8457020223

UPDATE: Thank You everyone for your kind words and unbelievable response to this car!! Over 1100 views in less than 3 weeks!! I am lowering the price near to the offers I have received in hopes someone will get this car back on the road and cruising down the highway!!!

Edited by Andrew_Latvia (see edit history)

And here's a little more data copied for our forum record:

Asking price currently $15,000 

Odometer:  57, 489 miles.

I like the side profile of this sedan.  It's gracefully streamlined,

and it was advanced for its day.  I don't know whether the

Series 62 sedans are common for 1941, but for 1940, one sees

a lot more 60 Specials, and the 1940 Series 62, with the same

advanced-for-the-time side profile, is seen infrequently.

junk--1941 Cadillac.jpg

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Neat car indeed, but why do many people photograph the cars for sale  with all the reflections of trees and other "busy" matter that then make it hard to see the surface ?

Artistic is great but this is reality of trying to present something that is for sale.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

And here's a little more data copied for our forum record:

Asking price currently $15,000 

Odometer:  57, 489 miles.

junk--1941 Cadillac.jpg

I think in 1940 most of these Cadillac-related C-body sedans were produced as LaSalles. In 1941 LaSalles were rebranded as entry-level Cadillacs.

1 hour ago, neil morse said:

I don't think you will ever find anything comparable for this price.  This looks like a great deal to me.  If I were in the market, I'd jump on it!

Thanks for Your opinion!

Personally, from three C-body four-door sedan cars (Cadillac 62, Buick Super/Roadmaster, Oldsmobile 98) I like Buick the most. :) So primarely I am searching for Buick Super or Roadmaster. There was this Buick Super on Craigslist for 8250$, which didn't look two times worse, and it stayed there for a long time. Miracles sometimes happen. :)

• Like 2

Thanks one more time for Your help! In short he was not very interested in bothering sell the car abroad.

We exchanged some e-mails and in the end I was ready to buy that car and send him downpayment, if he send me photos of car's title and vin plate. After some days he replied, that he couldn't take these photos and that he's sold the car locally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew_Latvia said:

...he was not very interested in bothering [to] sell the car abroad.

...I was ready to buy that car and send him down-payment...

Andrew, I infer that you are in Latvia.  Maybe someone

in the United States could act as your "agent" for buying

a car in the States.  It might be a friendly AACA member

near the car--who would do it for free or a modest charge--

or a personable dealer.  Alternatively, there is a lawyer who

advertises in the national AACA magazine, and maybe he

could be a contact to the seller, in addition to you, to give

the seller some assurance.  Such a lawyer could even act

as an escrow for the exchange of money.

Since many scams originate abroad, some U. S. sellers

might not have confidence that an overseas buyer is legitimate,

or worry that money coming from overseas might not be real.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

John S in PA:

Time for a little 1940 GM/Fisher Torpedo C-Body primer.  The 1938 Cadillac 60 Special brought to mass production the 3-box sedan architecture which had been developing over the prior decade, primarily by custom coachbuilders.   Easiest way to recognize the 3-box configuration is to see the mass forward of the cowl as box one, box two is from the cowl reward including the integrated coupe-style trunk, box three is the greenhouse unit that sets on box two.

As one of his first assignments in the Cadillac Studio, Bill Mitchell developed the design initially to be sporty LaSalle sedan but soon Misterl realized a sporty, youthful new Cadillac model was the better use for that sterling design.  Dovetailing this model into the popular-priced, owner-driven Series 60 made it an instant success, accounting for 40% of Cadillacs sold in just that one model.   Better yet, the 60 Special was the high image model in demand by the stylish cognoscenti and celebrities, a Cadillac that wasn't stodgy.  The public loved it as well, but at $2,100 was out of reach for the majority.  Misterl was well aware that this new body architecture could be developed for the mass market.  It would eventually replace the old 2 1/2 box 6-window touring sedan style.

While the 60 Special architecture has a formal yet sporty look with its convertible-style windows, the general public would respond to a softer streamlined version.  The GM Art & Color Studios had a majority of the best designers in the industry to interpret that directive.  It would have to be lower unit cost producible, so such details as stamped, full-door construction and large, one-piece stampings to build which Fisher body engineers adroitly handled.

The marketing program, just as it had been for the 60 Special, was to be topline series for each nameplate with a minor exception for Buick.   Cadillac created the Series 62, at $1,745 priced approximately 16.5% less than the 60 Special, in the pricing 'sweet spot' Cadillac had defined for owner-driven luxury sedan since the initiation of the 1936 Series 60.   To address the original question, the 1940 60 Special sold 4,600 units versus the Series 62 at 4,242 plus 60 for export.  The complete 1940 Series 62 which includes club coupe, convertible coupe and convertible sedan sold 5,900: things would change drastically very shortly.

GM had larger objectives for the Torpedo C-Body models.  As mentioned, every division except Chevrolet got to market a topline C-Bodied series, looking at only the four-door sedan shows the following.   The LaSalle, not yet given its walking papers, field the Series 52 Special for $1,440, 10,118 sold.  Buick was a major player with Harlow Curtice at the helm.  The new Series 70 Roadmaster $1,359, 13,583 sold.  But the blockbuster to bring this style to the solid medium-priced segment: Super $1,109: 95,875!  Next, the Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Eight Series 90: $1,131: 33,075 which was two and one-half times the 1939 eights total.  Finally, for the only time that Pontiac was allow to field C-Body models 1940-'41, the Torpedo Eight $1,072, 31,224 (though we haven't the totals for the sedan and the club coupe individually, likely 2/3 to 3/4 were sedans: approximately 20,600-23,400).   At around 180K Torpedo C-Bodied GM cars among the new cars the public encountered that year, it was an industry sensation.  Parenthetically, one that sent Packard in panic to its drawing boards in conjunction with Briggs Body Co. designers to develop the 1941 Clipper.

With this enthusiastic reception and LaSalle now folded into the Cadillac line as the fastback B-Body-only Series 61, the Series 62 sales burgeoned: 15,766 6219 and 6219D (deluxe) sedans.   In addition to the wonderfully elegant restyle, Series 62 sedan prices were reduced 12%-15% which brought the possibility of Cadillac ownership within reach of the upper-medium-price customer for the first time.  The Series 62 would be the foundation on which all subsequent sales volume success would build on, and this model was seminal in that process. 

Ask an astute question...get a dissertation.
Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Andrew_Latvia said:

Thanks one more time for Your help! In short he was not very interested in bothering sell the car abroad.

We exchanged some e-mails and in the end I was ready to buy that car and send him downpayment, if he send me photos of car's title and vin plate. After some days he replied, that he couldn't take these photos and that he's sold the car locally. 

Andrew, sometimes it may be best to go through a reputable Classic Car dealer. My last two Buicks have been purchased that way and I have been happy with them both. What I saw advertised on the internet was what I received. Both dealers had no problem with overseas purchases and the last dealer rang me to confirm things and sent a video at time of collection.

Most will have sold cars to overseas buyers and know the processes required. Usually a credit card deposit and wire the balance as a bank transfer. Best to have in place your shipping/transport agent to take it to the port. 

And they are usually able to provide 27,000 photos to be sure you can see any rust or other issues. If they won’t, just pass! There will always be another one.

Just my two bobs worth from down under.

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Ask an astute question...get a dissertation.

Yes, and as usual we are very thankful.  One question:  who is Misterl?  I thought it might be a typo for "Mitchell," but when it was repeated I figured it was intentional.

49 minutes ago, neil morse said:

One question:  who is Misterl?  I thought it might be a typo for "Mitchell"...

He meant Harley Earl of General Motors.

I surmise that some subordinates called him "Mr. Earl,"

and when slurred, it sounded like that.  I think

Steve wrote that contraction tongue-in-cheek.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, neil morse said:

Yes, and as usual we are very thankful.  One question:  who is Misterl?  I thought it might be a typo for "Mitchell," but when it was repeated I figured it was intentional.

That "Misterl" was the phonetic contraction of "Mr. Earl" that the studio designers used among themselves when referring to their boss.   Because when anyone spoke to him, it was always "Mr. Earl", absolutely never, "Harley"!  Well, Maybe Alfred Sloan, Harlow Curtice and Big Bill Knudsen called him Harley...but no one else!

• Thanks 1

• Andrew_Latvia changed the title to Not mine: 1941 Cadillac series 62 for sale in Staatsburg, New York. Still for sale, reduced price to 14500 OBO.

It is still for sale. Is there anybody from forum near the car, who could go and take a look and take some additional photos of the car? I'll cover costs of gas and time spent. I am interested in condition of chrome, possible rust issues, overall  technical condition - does it run and drive etc. If the car is that good, as in description, why is nobody buying it?

16 hours ago, Andrew_Latvia said:

Is there anybody from forum near the car, who could go and take a look and take some additional photos of the car? 

Andrew, you should post this request under "General

Discussion" to get the most views.  New York is well

populated by AACA members.  Maybe include a link

to this thread.

If the car is good, I hope you get it!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Andrew, you should post this request under "General

Discussion" to get the most views.  New York is well

populated by AACA members.  Maybe include a link

to this thread.

If the car is good, I hope you get it!