'38 Century on eBay, some nice photos

MrEarl

I suspect that auction will end at a much higher price than what it is at currently. Personally, I don't like the sealed beam conversion. These cars just don't look right to me without the original headlight lenses. I also dislike the incorrect (and bent) external antenna. The interior looks rough.  The steering wheel is rough and missing the horn ring. If they added an external horn button instead of repairing the original one, I wonder what else has been poorly maintained. 

If someone wants a good driver quality Buick Sedan of this era, I have a 1937 Century that is a great driver with a much nicer interior than that one but has a an old lacquer paint job that makes it a 10 footer or 20 footer that I am interested in passing along to another hobbyist since I don't drive it that often now that I also own a 1937 Buick Roadmaster Convertible Phaeton.

Edited by MCHinson (see edit history)
  • Like 6

It ended at $12,877. With the cost to redo the interior, and make the other clearly needed repairs, I think it sold for about what it is worth. Assuming the buyer is close by and does not spend too much to ship it, they will have a decent 1938 Century for somewhere around $20,000. 

• Like 4