For Sale: 1935 Auburn 653 4dr Sedan, 36K miles - Project - $18,000 - Fort Wayne, IN - Not Mine

For Sale: 1935 Auburn 653 4dr Sedan, 36K miles - Project - $18,000 - Fort Wayne, IN

1935 Auburn for sale by owner - Fort Wayne, IN - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1935 Auburn sedan. Project car.  Engine and all engine and chassis components have been rebuilt and refinished. Much of the body has been restored - many professionally stripped and primered. Have all the parts; they need re-assembled. Drivable! Was driven as pictured in ACD parade several years ago. An easy one to finish. Selling due to relocation. $18,000 or Best Offer.  odometer: 36000
Also have 1936 Cord Westchester. Would consider a package deal for both cars.
Copy and paste in your email: f45172229a77394c8edbdb7796d01bd5@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1935 Auburn 653 4dr Sedan - Project.

'35 Auburn sedan IN a.jpg

'35 Auburn sedan IN b.jpg

'35 Auburn sedan IN c.jpg

'35 Auburn sedan IN e.jpg

'35 Auburn sedan IN d.jpg

'35 Auburn sedan IN f.jpg

'35 Auburn sedan IN fa.jpg

'35 Auburn sedan IN g.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

For Sale: 1935 Auburn 653 4dr Sedan, 36K miles - Project - $18,000 - Fort Wayne, IN

1935 Auburn for sale by owner - Fort Wayne, IN - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1935 Auburn sedan. Project car.  Engine and all engine and chassis components have been rebuilt and refinished. Much of the body has been restored - many professionally stripped and primered. Have all the parts; they need re-assembled. Drivable! Was driven as pictured in ACD parade several years ago. An easy one to finish. Selling due to relocation. $18,000 or Best Offer.  odometer: 36000
Also have 1936 Cord Westchester. Would consider a package deal for both cars.
Copy and paste in your email: f45172229a77394c8edbdb7796d01bd5@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1935 Auburn 653 4dr Sedan - Project.

'35 Auburn sedan IN a.jpg

'35 Auburn sedan IN b.jpg

'35 Auburn sedan IN c.jpg

'35 Auburn sedan IN e.jpg

'35 Auburn sedan IN d.jpg

'35 Auburn sedan IN f.jpg

'35 Auburn sedan IN fa.jpg

'35 Auburn sedan IN g.jpg

An easy one to finish ...wow.If we had a second life we could consider it but not in this life .Most of us have already to many cars and work ( And a wife also )

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Selling due to relocation

And THIS is the #1 problem with these projects, RELOCATING it. 

It’s not a “car” it’s a garage full of stuff. Heavy iron pieces that will need to be loaded individually into a truck.  No shipper will take on the task so it’s up to the buyer to literally do the heavy lifting.  

These type of ads are actually saying:  “I want you to pay me to clean out my garage, there MIGHT be a COMPLETE car in there but most likely some critical pieces have been misplaced.  I’m not offering you a car, I’m charging you for an adventure”.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, m-mman said:

I’m not offering you a car, I’m charging you for an adventure

Nailed it!

I have taken on more than one of these projects. Most people are smarter than me and won’t touch them. I enjoy the challenge - but only if the buy-in price is very low. High risk = low price. 

You are right about the misplaced parts. There is always something missing. Almost as bad - wasting time on the extra stuff that accidentally came from a different project. 

• Like 1