1954 Chevrolet panel $16,500

deac

About This Vehicle

Driven 99,999 miles
Manual transmission
Exterior color: Blue · Interior color: Grey

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1569906053523637/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

This is not my vehicle and I have no stake in the sale

Product photo of 1954 Chevrolet panel

• Like 2

I posted this one because of its rarity.  In my travels with old cars it's very rare to see a panel van that isn't beat up.  These were never cherished like the owner would have with his new family car.  These things were utilitarian work trucks.  They were definitely not styled like todays pick ups.  It needs some TLC in the engine area and in the cargo area.  Those hub caps look like they're off a late 70's Chevy van.

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 2

The seat is not original, of course, and it's crooked for some reason. I can get past the painted grill, but the cargo area is rough, it needs rubber pads on the pedals, and the hubcaps and whitewalls have got to go. 

Otherwise, I'd like to load my drums in this baby and take it to gigs. Locally. I would drive more than an hour in it. 

Edited by DrumBob (see edit history)

When looking in the back the first thing that came to mind was "This doesn't support the asking price". Seems like a lot of us are on the same track. 

Colors are OK but there are others out there that would have made this really pop. 

• Like 1

I see these off and on and I always think to myself that I wish I had a business that I could use these for. I love the styling, much better then the boring cookie cutter crap of today.

But I'd agree that they want big money for something that still needs work. Seems to be a thing as of late, it's like they want #2 cash for a #3 product.

1 hour ago, Fossil said:

Colors are OK but there are others out there that would have made this really pop. 

It's difficult to find a "restored to original" example, but here's one and a page from the factory brochure, plus a 1954 color chart, that says better and brighter colors were indeed available.

Road Champs 1:43 scale diecast 1954 Chevy Panel Van | O Gauge Railroading  On Line Forum

1954 CHEVROLET 3100 panel truck NAE | Don Sanford Photography | Flickr

1954-TDB-Can-Sec8-Page7.jpg.dd84e2a68fdc419d8217765ce8d2e7df.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't like to pick things apart but since he's asking this much I feel he's insulting his audience. 

Wheels don't appear to be centered, never a good sign (frame swap with what?). That rear wheel is way too close to the fender and with larger tires it will likely start to rub.  I believe the 16 footer paint job is probably hiding a lot more than we realize if he only had better angle shots we would see it I'm sure..., I'm seeing quite a few dents painted over (not shadows). When someone shoots the outside without finishing many things both inside and the engine bay, to me it's a red flag that he's trying to flip it. Just too many factors that tell me to run like the wind. 

I love these old Chevs (I have a 1950 3100 myself) but this "custom look" is very depressing in my opinion. A solid bright color like ffjones shows and Fossil says "Make it pop" would have been much better and more original looking. Sorry but this one has the name "Cheesy" all over it. 

Fun trucks at any rate...

I'd bet someone could offer around $10 and he'd take it but you never know what's hiding.

image.png.4120c907f9a2f925ed07b8f6a3987de6.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1