Stutzbearcat dashboard

Diana Baker

Hi Diana, Within this forum on the far Right hand side, you can scroll down and find the STUTZ section where you might connect with folks / owners who could help you find a buyer or advise where to sell this. Perhaps post more pictures; such as full view, reverse side, side view, etc. Best Wishes, Tom

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TOM H. S. said:

Hi Diana, Within this forum on the far Right hand side, you can scroll down and find the STUTZ section where you might connect with folks / owners who could help you find a buyer or advise where to sell this. Perhaps post more pictures; such as full view, reverse side, side view, etc. Best Wishes, Tom

Also  a for sale  section as well, advertise in both. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kbeach said:

Sent a PM with e-mail address and, so far, no response. Newbe that will never be heard from again?

I was thinking of doing a thread on all the annoying things newbies do.   This poster might qualify on two counts.  1.  Bad obscure pictures.  2.  Hit and Run.

And my apologies in advance if she returns with good pictures.

• Like 2

Answer to @28 Chrysler

I would lean to the BB series

If the plate were to be cleaned a little it would be easier to read. In the foreground is the STUTZ name. In the background is the FEDCO ID for the car which is a random selection of letters and numbers. There is no correlation of the id and year or model of the car it is attached to. I believe the id on this plate is B S 6 4 D. Letters are repeated 3 times and numbers are spelled out above the id, so this one reads accross the top as BBB SSS SIX FOUR DDD. The code to translate this to numbers is D E S C H W A B L Y (D = 1 through y = zero). For this car the title ID would be 83641. This id would also be stamped at two locations on the frame.

Chrysler used a similar system with a different code. If the title were to be altered it would be possible to determine the original number.

10.jpg.244de33602a71b4d529cba84eaac3745.jpg

This is a gauge panel from a 1926 Stutz

20230110_122055(1).jpg.c57d85ca88a4a25a96aecca91b742daa.jpg

This is a gauge panel from a 1927 Stutz

20230924_121240.jpg.ea85fb6848af80059d746ad7d5a5a1b9.jpg

This is a gauge panel from a 1928 Stutz.

Each of these panels are a one year only.

Edited by kbeach (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Yes, I’m interested in finding out more about this dash. No I’m not forgetting to reply back. I’m in contact with a few antique car dealers and waiting for their replies. So I am new at this so who ever is telling me I’m not following through your mistaken. So please I will send more pics in the morning. Thank you

Thanks Diana.

It would also be helpful to know the general location of the dash. Do not need an address just area - Northern California, North Dakota etc.

You have my contact information.

Look forward to your reply.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Correction on gauge panel years.

Looks like I have put the wrong years for the 1926 and 1927 gauge panels. Thanks to @pughs for bring this to my attention. We have spent the last couple of days comparing FEDCO numbers and engine numbers trying to determine which month of production the change between the panels occurred. Every time we thought we had it figured out we would find another car that disproved our theory. For now, the best we can come up with is in July 1926, Stutz started using the FEDCO system. These cars would have a white gauge panel like the one @Diana Baker has posted here. Our best guess is that this panel was used through early to mid 1927. Also a guess is that some cars could have been held up during production (waiting for a body or ?) allowing a car with the newer dash panel to pass one with the earlier 1926 white face one. Remember, this is a low production car, not high volume Ford or Chevrolet.

One last comment for @28 Chrysler. Very observant noticing that the first letter was a B. I should have explained that "B" indicates that this car was built on a 131" wheel base. Had the first letter been an "A" it would indicate the car was built on the 145" wheel base.