For Sale: 1935 Chrysler Airflow - "All original, Runs and drives" - Middletown, NJ - Not Mine - 9/30 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1935 Chrysler Airflow 4-door Sedan in Middletown, NJ  -  $16,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/989779578833367/-1935-Chrysler-Airflow

Seller's Description:

1935 Chrysler Airflow 4-door Sedan

• Very good condition
  • Driven 1,011 miles
  • Manual transmission
  • Exterior color: Black · Interior color: Tan
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

All original runs and drives Low miles no rust at all. Call Manny [hidden information] no texts.

image.png.427c086915021be83515a7c8abb9565d.png

image.png.83a73c273b82f036c83821d9a2a31d69.png

image.png.6450676e2462dc79a0c0ed5d2031ec2e.png

image.png.1774f4c29274eef6b9683c959d73b0b4.png

image.png.781ca276963cb6ab65152a814d51c1e2.png

image.png.5fc619457d72b83db21379598f963be2.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

18 hours ago, Malo48 said:

I think there's something wrong with my brain, because I like this one, in its current condition, better than the restored six-figure one posted here last week.

I don't think there's anything wrong with your brain.  I feel the same way, and it's because I prefer the Chrysler to the DeSoto.  This looks like a solid car at a reasonable price, but obviously you would need to give it a thorough look and, as Jake says, you would have to carefully catalog which parts are there and which are missing.  I happen to be partial to Airflows, but I know they are an acquired taste.  The '34s are the best and "purest" examples of the design, but the '35s are still nice despite the artificial "prow" that was tacked on to make it look a bit more conventional.  However, anyone contemplating giving this car a full restoration should understand that it will be a labor of love and you will almost certainly end up way under water in terms of cost versus the value of the finished car.

Back in the early 90's, I had the opportunity to buy a '34 Imperial Airflow coupe that was in very similar shape to this one.  All the parts were there and intact, but it basically needed everything.  The price (I think it was around the same as this one -- but of course in 1990's dollars) was reasonable but way beyond my means at the time.  This was probably a fortunate thing, but I still periodically take out the snapshots I took of the car at the time and dream about "what might have been."  It was the most desirable year and the most desirable model and it was complete.  But I'm sure it would have made my life miserable as I would have constantly been longing to transform it in a way that I could never afford.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, neil morse said:

But I'm sure it would have made my life miserable as I would have constantly been longing to transform it in a way that I could never afford.

That is the nice thing about really liking model T Fords! They can be restored on the cheap. No harm. No foul.

• Like 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1935 Chrysler Airflow - "All original, Runs and drives" - Middletown, NJ - Not Mine - 9/30 SOLD!