Here now - the collection of Mac Blair - Buick items to be sold - late 20s to early 30s

32buick67

With permission from Mac's family, I am posting this teaser to let everyone know that they are working to sort through the various piles of Buick parts and cars that Mac accumulated for interchange with late 1920s and early 1930s cars. 

Some of the items that may be included for sale are those that may not have seen the light of day for many decades, things that Mac personally held more dear than other items.

For those that know of Mac's other interests, the late 40s Buick Woodie, and the Mercedes items are already spoken for.

Mac had many parts reproduced over the decades, so in addition to the original Buick parts coming up for sale, the repro parts will also be offered, as well as the jigs and dies that were used to fabricate the repro parts.

Folks who are interested and able to buy out the entire stock of a repro part to hold and resell for future Buick enthusiasts are encouraged and appreciated.

I am seriously considering to be part of this path.

Please put together your lists of needs and interests, and maybe also consider re-reviewing Mac's list of parts for sale from the old 32 Buick Registry mailers.

More info is coming in the months ahead on what specific parts will be available, and we hope to have pics and videos of the piles of parts.

The family asked - please DON'T visit Mac's house - there will eventually be large items for sale/pickup such as engines, but the family isn't prepared at this time for visitors, and they also want to avoid trolls/flippers who might try to take advantage of this offering.

The goal is to respectfully disperse Mac's legacy to present and future Buick owners, and minimize burdening the family.

Stay tuned for more updates and info...

Mario

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I bought an item off his son mercury hood ornament , hopefully he finds the other stuff I’m looking for . Especially wheel trim rings , even a wizard control also would love a spare radiator that I can get record in the meantime . 

Edited by BuickTom87 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok folks, here are the first series of photos -

• 6 parts cars
  • Rear ends
  • Doors
  • All must be gone out of this barn within 90days
  • More photos planned of other items that don't need to move so quickly

If you see something you want or need, please email Jim at jblairmet@gmail.com to make offers, arrangements and ask for additional details.

Thanks!

What city - state?

Not many 1932? Buick's out their.  If was Ford would be gone in hours and for more money.

Needs some one with a big building and not away.  Would be sad if went to scrap metal.

3 minutes ago, 1939_Buick said:

What city - state?

Not many 1932? Buick's out their.  If was Ford would be gone in hours and for more money.

Needs some one with a big building and not away.  Would be sad if went to scrap metal.

Mac Blair was an amazing family guy who was an intense Buick aficionado, mostly 1929-1935 era, with special emphasis on 1932.

Why 1932?  Who knows, his family probably knows his interests best, and out of respect, hopefully his Buick legacy and interests prevail for future generations.... 

Indiana, Pennsylvania USA is the most likely epicenter of the next steps in the 1932 Buick saga...

On 9/4/2023 at 11:01 AM, BuickTom87 said:

Yeah I bought an item off his son mercury hood ornament , hopefully he finds the other stuff I’m looking for . Especially wheel trim rings , even a wizard control also would love a spare radiator that I can get record in the meantime . 

What year wheel trim rings? He was out of 1932 rings 20 years ago. I made a run of them 6 years ago. They fit Buick, Pierce, Stutz, Stude, and a few others. We made 300 rings and sold them out in less than 4 months. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

What year wheel trim rings? He was out of 1932 rings 20 years ago. I made a run of them 6 years ago. They fit Buick, Pierce, Stutz, Stude, and a few others. We made 300 rings and sold them out in less than 4 months. 

Dang, I wish you could make me another set. For my 32 trim rings . 

4 hours ago, BuickTom87 said:

Dang, I wish you could make me another set. For my 32 trim rings . 

I may know a Stutz guy woh bought a spare set.......I will check with him. 

48 minutes ago, edinmass said:

I may know a Stutz guy woh bought a spare set.......I will check with him. 

I would greatly appreciate it.. 

4 hours ago, BuickTom87 said:

I’m gonna have to email him see if he has any wizard controls 

Be sure to look closely at these pics from Mac's parts cars, there are some with wizard valves and hardware and plumbing in tact, email Jim at jblairmet@gmail.com and reference which parts car # you think has the parts you might need.

Hopefully something can be worked out with Jim to get the parts you need off the cars.

Send me a PM if you need additional info.

• 32buick67 changed the title to Here now - the collection of Mac Blair - Buick items to be sold - late 20s to early 30s
13 hours ago, edinmass said:

Ed, do you have any pics of the rings you had remade?

I am sorting thru more Mac photos, trying to prep to post for Buick folks, and there are some rings in the piles of stuff, but I am unsure if they are Buick et al as you mentioned.

Mac's old parts seem wider, not seemingly Buick.

Hopefully I get more pics of the other Mac items posted in the next few days.

Mario

• Thanks 1

Not sure if I have any photos off the car. I contacted Mac back in 2008……..I looked up my records. We made the rings in two batches in 2009 and 2011……..time sure flies. They were stainless. After making the first batch I reached out to him again as we discovered the Kelsey Hayes wheels were not at all consistent in manufacture. We actually needed to make over size and under sized rings. Only one in 25 were out of a standard specification. We ended up making an install tool that we loaned to the customers. Overall it worked out well. We would have done a third batch probably around 2015, but our spinner was out of business for health reasons. Here is my 1932 Pierce coupe with the beauty rings we made. Just buffed them up and installed them. They looked great. Sorry I sold the car…….that’s another story.

They were 100 each or six for 575. Today they would be 250 each with inflation.

IMG_1416.png

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 9/13/2023 at 1:12 PM, 32buick67 said:

Mac Blair was an amazing family guy who was an intense Buick aficionado, mostly 1929-1935 era, with special emphasis on 1932.

Why 1932?  Who knows, his family probably knows his interests best, and out of respect, hopefully his Buick legacy and interests prevail for future generations.... 

Indiana, Pennsylvania USA is the most likely epicenter of the next steps in the 1932 Buick saga...

Thanks for the additional information.

Transport and storage could be a significant cost for the (hopefully) new owner of these parts.

Hope they get sold - moved on to a new early Buick straight 8 aficionado.

6 hours ago, edinmass said:

Not sure if I have any photos off the car. I contacted Mac back in 2008……..I looked up my records. We made the rings in two batches in 2009 and 2011……..time sure flies. They were stainless. After making the first batch I reached out to him again as we discovered the Kelsey Hayes wheels were not at all consistent in manufacture. We actually needed to make over size and under sized rings. Only one in 25 were out of a standard specification. We ended up making an install tool that we loaned to the customers. Overall it worked out well. We would have done a third batch probably around 2015, but our spinner was out of business for health reasons. Here is my 1932 Pierce coupe with the beauty rings we made. Just buffed them up and installed them. They looked great. Sorry I sold the car…….that’s another story.

They were 100 each or six for 575. Today they would be 250 each with inflation.

IMG_1416.png

I would pay 1000 for 4 of them, I only need since my side-mounts have the covers 

On 9/14/2023 at 5:54 AM, BuickTom87 said:

I would pay 1000 for 4 of them, I only need since my side-mounts have the covers 

Checked with my friend, he no longer has his spare set...........Best, Ed.

• Like 1

I was a member of the Punxsutawney Region of the AACA with Mac and his wife. On one of our club ventures my 1965 Riviera had brake issues. My wife and I climbed in the rumble seat of one of his 1932 coupes and traveled thru Clearfield PA. Tires were old and dry rotted but the car would do 55 with ease. It was a good day and a great adventure.

• Like 2