Mclaughlin year identification

airbrush

Found any serial numbers for engine, chassis ?

Firewall data plate?

Photo's of the engine?

Looks to be a very big challenge

In UK?

Mclaughlin touring car c1916-1922.
This car has been recently imported from Canada and hasn't been run for some time. Engine turns over. It is believed to have a Buick engine and comes with no documents or keys.

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

At least on the McLaughlin D and E 45's the serial plate is attached to the floor board , just above the shifter. Not sure about the 4 cyl. cars. The plate is aluminium and can corrode badly if in damp storage. There is also a small brass oval tag on the L.H. front frame horn. { chassis number }

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

1 hour ago, nzcarnerd said:

I hope that is not chrome on the radiator shell. Ten plus years too early. The car looks to have had a 'cosmetic' restoration.

With some old paint over who knows what for a quick sale? Some over spray (a fast repaint?)

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

It is a D-35 . Looks like some "interesting" mods, like the chrome headlights and shell. Then there's those tail lights!  The oil sight glass is "eliminated" and I'm wondering what the 2 knobs are below the switches. However, if the body is a solid as it looks it is a good start.

20230114_165328.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1939_Buick said:

Found any serial numbers for engine, chassis ?

Firewall data plate?

Photo's of the engine?

Looks to be a very big challenge

In UK?

we have worked on these older cars before just not a mclaughlin so it should be ok , im sure there will be things we willask for help with along the way, we have a tag from the engine the number is 277552. there is a chassis tag but we havent had the car yet so i dont know what it is

9 hours ago, 1939_Buick said:

My 1918 6-45 McLaughlin has the oval plate as you state, under the left headlight on the frame. But this is just a chassis number. The Model designation is on the McLaughlin plate nailed to the topmost floorboard. In between the shifter and the starter pedal.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1