Gauges

mrsuggestion

I use analog gauges that have to connected to oil sending unit and the water temp bulb went into the engine on top of the engine beside the valve cover on the driver side. Should be a bolt screwed in appearing to be doing anything. For me, I drilled a hole in the floor very close to the console. Arnulfo, did it the best way by not drilling any holes in the car. Sir, you might investigate holes in the firewall already made and see the has enough room to share another line.

Some people try to figure out the best place to mount the gauges inside the car.

Turbinstor

I piggy backed off of the hole for the HVAC cables in the center firewall grommet for my vacuum/boost gauge and the Tach input.  The rest of mine I opened up the speedometer hole slightly since I no longer have a cable driven speedo and added a 30 position cannon plug to get the EFI and gauge signals through.

If you are going to add a hole I’d suggest down by the throttle lever but closer to the midline of the car, that way it’s behind the console extension and pops out very close to where you’d tap into the oil pressure and water temperature sending units on the back of the block and head respectively.

True Ed, BUT it's accurate enough to let you know when or if something is not right.

Usually the left rear will be a few degrees cooler than the right front as the coolant has only flowed through the block at this point & hasn't picked up any heat of the head as it makes a U-Turn & then flows through the head out the front of the head to the water manifold.

Tom T.

• Like 1