1956 Pontiac 2 door wagon - $22,000 (Fullerton)

1956 Pontiac 2 door wagon. Original 317 cu in V8 with automatic transmission. Runs like a top.

New:
-fuel pump, water pump, solid state ignition, aluminum fuel tank, electric wipers, interior upholstery, carpet

The good:
Chrome is immaculate. No cancer, very straight
Presents and drives very well.

The bad:
Older paint job with surface rust

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/buena-park-1956-pontiac-door-wagon/7643835150.html

I do not own this vehicle and I have no stake in the sale.

1956 Pontiac 2 door wagon 1

00s0s_9rQeAmhlPrh_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

01111_bzh0vaw57Sy_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

1956 Pontiac 2 door wagon 13 thumbnail

01212_7o7moO9L3Ut_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00u0u_7xe1U1hePG4_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

01515_9EgOWuLJ1TA_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

It seams like a good deal. I like these wagons and trying to hold back from calling on it.  Moreover I live about 15 minutes from this thing; HELP ME!

Don’t do it, Deac!  Put down that phone now!  Stop wasting time dreaming about your next project and finish what you have started!  No need to thank me, we all have the disease…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'll help ya too Deac, don't pick up that phone! This 2-door post wagon is a Chieftain 860 model, the lowest priced line in 1956. It's a low optioned car with no PS or PB. It's got the wrong air cleaner, a busted horn ring and the engine color is incorrect. It's travelled at least 123K miles,the seller states the older paint job has surface rust (deal breaker for sure), the defroster assembly is missing and the hole in the driver's side of the firewall is covered with masking tape. All this for only $22,000 dollars. That kind of money should get you one of the nicest 1956 Pontiac wagons available anywhere except for an exclusive Star Chief Custom Safari. Look at it this way......if this were a Chieftain 860 2-door post sedan in black & white priced at $22K no one would pay any attention to it. IMO this is quite overpriced for what it is and I think that 30 minute round trip to see the car would only result in a disappointment for you. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

I will resist buying the car but I do want to see where the seller stores his cars. I think he rents one of those hangars.  Funny the local POCI chapter has 2 shows per year at that airport and the POCI Safari group brings their cars as well. I don't remember seeing this car at those shows.

2 hours ago, The 55er said:

I'll help ya too Deac, don't pick up that phone! This 2-door post wagon is a Chieftain 860 model, the lowest priced line in 1956. It's a low optioned car with no PS or PB. It's got the wrong air cleaner, a busted horn ring and the engine color is incorrect. It's travelled at least 123K miles,the seller states the older paint job has surface rust (deal breaker for sure), the defroster assembly is missing and the hole in the driver's side of the firewall is covered with masking tape. All this for only $22,000 dollars. That kind of money should get you one of the nicest 1956 Pontiac wagons available anywhere except for an exclusive Star Chief Custom Safari. Look at it this way......if this were a Chieftain 860 2-door post sedan in black & white priced at $22K no one would pay any attention to it. IMO this is quite overpriced for what it is and I think that 30 minute round trip to see the car would only result in a disappointment for you. Just my 2 cents.

Its good to have an expert on this site .Sometimes people nee d a wake up call .

• Like 1

I would still go look if close.  Chrome looks really nice, interior looks pretty good and paint overall looks decent.  From what we have seen of any wagon,  that's 20G plus atleast.  Maybe surface rust is on the chassis.  Says no cancer which is the rot that concerns me.  Under the hood may be wrong color on the engine , but it's tidy.  Maybe the Heater parts were never reinstalled because they didn't get restored yet.    Maybe not a screaming bargain,  but I can point to a pile of worse cars (wagons) for the same money.  Not including Safaris or Nomads.