Getting Stuck in 3000-Year-Old Drive-Through Tree

• 2 weeks later...

Since this is an automotive site, I feel like correcting the I.D. of the vehicle.  The link calls it a Pathfinder.  A Pathfinder would have fit.  This is an Armada (bigger).  I also question the driver's skills, as he spins the steering wheel full-lock back to full-lock the other way, when small adjustments were obviously what was needed.

Getting stuck in a tree isn't the only boneheaded thing I've seen Armada drivers do.

In 2014 we had a late spring snowstorm here in the VA-NC Middle Border area. Over 10" of heavy wet snow. The road to my job was 2-lane and rather curvy.

I was puttering along about 30 mph which was a gracious plenty speed on that road considering the conditions. 4wd F150 pickup.

This big Nissan Armada thought I was traveling too slow and passed me, quickly putting distance between us.

About two miles further on I ran up on the Armada. It had left the road in a curve and ended up 50' off the road in a farmer's recently plowed field. It was stuck up to its axles in that wet heavy snow which had turned that fresh plowed field into sticky red clay mud.

I stopped to make sure no one was hurt and the driver says "think you can pull me out?"

Nope. You're gonna need a BIG tow truck to drag that outsized thing back on the road.

I don't always understand why people driving big vehicles get themselves in such situations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

As a kid I remember going thru one of the drive thru trees, the 1956 Buick was dragging the bumper on one side and the cooler on the other. One of those cylinders that mounted in the roll up widow, it cooled by evaporating water. Papa was too bull headed to take it off! He knew it would go thru there.

Edited by Layden B (see edit history)