Dealership Information from Window Stickers Needed

Guest 455stage1

Guest 455stage1

The owner of the <A HREF="http://www.buickgsx.net" TARGET=_blank>GSX website</A> and keeper of the GSX registry, has been compiling a list of codes for all Buick Dealerships which sold our cars 1965-1975. His current list can be viewed <A HREF="http://www.buickgsx.net/dealercodes.htm" TARGET=_blank>HERE</A>.<P>As most of us know, Buick didn't keep many records with regard to the cars they built, or the dealerships which sold them. While limited documentation can be obtained from the Sloan Museum, some dealership information for those same documented cars does not exist. For example, I was able to obtain 'build sheet' information for my GS, but the dealership (08-414) was not in Sloan's records. There are many others in this same situation.<P>Original window stickers have this dealer code information. This is a request for anyone who still has their original Buick window sticker from 1965-1972. Please send Mark ( gsxnut@buickgsx.net ) an e-mail (or post it here) containing the five character Buick dealership code (xx-yyy) and the Buick dealership name. Thanks for your help!

This is from the original sticker:<P>Dealer Code 24-106 <P>Harvey Tyrrell Buick<BR>4645 Lankershim Blvd.<BR>North Hollywood, Ca.<P>My '65 Skylark (44427) was ordered on May 13, 1965.<P>I hope this helps.<BR>Regards,<BR>Jim

Guest John Chapman

No dealer codes, but a couple of defunct Buick dealers that I remember from the '60s:<P>Dent Buick; Jesup, GA<BR>Critz Buick; Savannah, GA<BR>Mussey Buick; Menlo Park, CA<P>Cheers,<BR>John

Back in 1971 a buddy of mine worked for Hertz leasing in NYC. They provided GM books which listed all the options (e.g. A1 for Stage1, and M40 for TH400) along with the price per option for Buick, Cadillac, Chevy, Olds and Pontiac. You could basically recreate a window sticker from them.<BR>Somewhere in my many boxes of storage are the 1969 and 1970 original books and a copy of the 1971 Buick data.<BR>Also, along with them, I have a 1964 and 1970 Buick window stickers. When I come across them, I should be able to get you some data.<P>Mark

Don't have the dealer code, but have the name of the dealer where my 225 was originally purchased.<P>Bezilla Buick<BR>Mechanicsburg, PA

Marc,<P>My 1st car, a '72 Skylark, came from Spires Buick in San Antonio, TX. No dealer number, sorry. My Sportwagon was bought new in Topeka, KS. I have a copy of the original sticker and will check it out this weekend.

I can help you with a few codes from my 1971 literature collection.<P>My 1971 Centurion Formal Coupe was delivered new by:<P>Royal Moore Buick Inc.<BR>348 SE 10th<BR>Hillsboro, Oregon 97123<BR>Dealer Code: 25-127<P>I have a warranty card from a '71 LeSabre 4-door hardtop delivered by:<P>Suburban Buick Company Inc.<BR>1101 E. Roosevelt Road<BR>Wheaton, Illinois<BR>Dealer Code: 10-122<P>I have a Wholesale Car Order form for a '71 Centurion Formal Coupe delivered by:<P>Burt Pontiac-Buick Inc.<BR>2400 E. Conner<BR>Noblesville, IN<BR>Dealer Code: 09-642<P>I noticed that there are numerous dealerships listed without codes on the list you've linked to this site. In the event that the information is helpful, I was familiar with the following dealerships from the time period you indicate:<P>The Baker Garage<BR>Baker, Oregon<P>Gettings and Lynch Motors<BR>LaGrande, Oregon<P>Oylear-Howard Motors<BR>Pendleton, Oregon<P>Armstrong Buick<BR>Gladstone, Oregon<P>Braley & Graham Buick<BR>Portland, Oregon<P>Wilson Buick<BR>Salem, Oregon<P>Mt. Baker Motors<BR>Bellingham, Washington<P>Hope this helps!

Guest 455stage1

<B>W</B> shocked.gif" border="0<B>W</B> Centurion - This information is GREAT!!! <P>Thanks everyone for your help, and keep 'em coming. <P>Soon we can all have access to the most complete Buick dealership database available.<P>And many thanks to Mark M. for maintaining the database smile.gif" border="0

Guest 455stage1

Thanks everyone!<P>I've been told that window stickers are not the only source for this info (thanks Rusty!) This information can also be obtained from build sheets, warranty cards, and protect-o-plate imprints on owners manuals.<P>Please keep 'em coming. Thanks Again!

My 66 Skylark GS conv. was delivered at Orange County Buick in Middletown, NY. Dealer code is 29-315 from Protect O Plate

Guest John Chapman

Deane Buick Co.<BR>1080 So. Colorado Blvd.<BR>Denver 22, Colorado<BR>27-854<P>From Ident Plate on a <BR>Wildcat Custom 2 DR HT<BR>VIN: 466375C101352<BR>Delivered Oct 8, 1964<P> frown.gif" border="0 Don't have car... but if you do, I've got the Protect-O-Plate....<p>[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: John Chapman ]

Taken from an article on a '67 GS400 in the July '85 Popular Hot Rodding. The article shows the original window sticker, the only bad part is that the first part of the dealer name is cut off.<P>24-322<BR>????essen Buick Company<BR>Los Angeles Calif.<P>Marc, do you know what the other 4 or 5 numbers represent after the dealer zone/code? In this example there is a 4564 after the zone/code ( 24-322-4564). I have seen a different code after every zone/code.

Further to 24-322. I am doubting myself (too many cobwebs collected over the years) and am thinking the correct dealership name was Wessen. Look at the picture creatively to see if a "W" might be correct, caGSxlr8. The dealership has been closed for 15 years or so and I just can not clearly picture the name (or the license plate frame on a '66 Skylark I had that was originally sold by them and I washed that car a lot [as well as put gas in more times than I care to remember as the low gas prices make me want to cry today] while I had it).<P>Sorry for the confusion.<P>Gene

This is really great. Keep up the good work everyone and I want to really thank Marc for starting this string. It has produced some great results. Thanks for all the help. I will try to keep up my end my posting daily if possible. WOW grin.gif" border="0

grin.gif" border="0<BR>My '66 Sportwagon was bought brand-spanken-new at: <BR> Jim Carney Buick Co.<BR> Center Line, MI<BR> #07-182(from Protect-o-Plate)<P>Good Luck!

Marc,<P>Found the owner's manual I bought for my departed '71 GS ragtop. It has the protectoplate and other original documents for a '71 skylark. Anway, deal er was:<P>Hartman Motort Sales, Inc.<BR>Mt Pleasant, MI 48858<BR>Dealer # 07-720

Guest Buicklover

Marc,<BR>I don't have the dealer code for my 1956 Estate Wagon but, I do have the original pink car invoice for it.<BR>It was purchased new on July 31,1956 from:<BR>Haney Buick, Inc.<BR>17500 Grand River Ave.<BR>Detroit 27, Michigan <BR>Ph # VErmont 8-6400 <BR>(No Dlr.Code noted on paperwork) <P>My 1983 Riviera Convertible was originally purchased new from:<BR>Grant Buick, Inc.<BR>Greenville, N.C. 27835<P>Keep up the fine work, this will make for some very interesting reading.....<BR>Bill Renico <BR>BCA # 12434<BR>ROA # 7997<BR>Grand Blanc, Mich.<BR>Dlr. Code 22-286

Guest Buicklover

Marc,<BR>Somehow the Dlr.Code for Grant Buick got moved beneath my signature.<BR>Should read:<BR>Grant Buick,Inc.<BR>Greenville,N.C. 27835<BR>Dlr.Code 22-286<BR>Sorry about the goof up.<BR>Bill R.

Marc,<BR>I have a 1961 Owner Protection Policy for a Model 4467. The selling dealer was:<BR>Braley and Graham<BR>No Street Address<BR>Portland, Oregon <BR>Zone & Dealer Code 25/100<BR>Al

I just returned from GS Nats and found some dealer codes for you while there:from 1970 GSX window sticker 10-214 Bill Stillwell Buick Inc. Downers Grove ILL. ;From 72 Stage1 window sticker 09-498 Taylor Chevrolet-Buick Co. Fulton Ky.

• 3 weeks later...

I removed the rear seat of a '68 Lesabre 2dr to get the seatbelts and found the build sheet so here goes: <BR>Wilkie Buick Company<BR>1724-1770 N Broad St<BR>Philadelphia Pa<BR>zone 03 dealer 141<BR>Assembled in Wilmington Del, sold new in Philadelphia and junked in Austin, Tx. Henry

Guest COMPACTBC

The unidentified dealer on Western Ave. in Los Angeles, California is the WESSEN BUICK COMPANY. It is where I purchased my '62 Special Deluxe Convertible on 2/3/62. Their advertising motto was "Wessen on Western"<P>Another ex-dealer is Reason Buick in Santa Ana, CA., where the Orange Co Chapter of BCA held their annual car show for many years. grin.gif" border="0

This info is from widow stickers on cars at the BCA Nationals in Buffalo:<P>Freeman Buick-Pontiac<BR>Ellwppd City, PA<BR>06-239<BR>62 Buick sticker<P>Batvia-Pheonix Buick<BR>Mt. Vernion, NY<BR>02-300<BR>70 GSX<P>Poirier Buick<BR>Fall River, Mass<BR>01-201<BR>72 Stage !<P>Thorson Buick<BR>Pasadena, CA<BR>30-757<BR>70 GSX<P>Martin & Sons Buick Inc.<BR>Rockford, Ill<BR>10-140<BR>67 GS-340<P>The Clyde Cole Motor Co.<BR>Warren, OH<BR>08-323<BR>69 Riveria<P>Powell Buick-Opel-GMC Inc.<BR>Shreveport, Louisiana<BR>17-434<BR>67 Wildcat<P>Fair/Way Motors inc.<BR>Buckhaven, W.VA<BR>06-427<BR>61 Buick<P>Gentz Sales and Service<BR>Prophetstown,Ill<BR>10-829<BR>66 Sportwagon<P>Those were the only window stickers displayed on cars at the show.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,I found another dealer code today while at the salvage yard from a 1973 Buick Century warranty card 09-586 Roberts Motor Sales Inc. Owensboro,Ky. I hope everyone keeps seaching for these and posting them!!!!

My 65 Skylark was delivered to Curt Sole Buick in Akron Ohio dealer code 08-337. The dealership had a name change to Skip Erb Buick for awhile, then changed names again in the late 70's/80's to Spitzer Buick. I think it is still in business as Spitzer Buick on East Market Street.

I as SO glad there is someone putting this list together...do not forget our other GM brethren...many dealers were multi make dealers when many of our pride and joy were sold new....I have been hunting for these kind of things for years...I am a history nut....<P> Ok...Jim, I have a build sheet from a 66 cat, if you have yours, in the lower left corner is the zone and to the right of that is the dealer and then class(whats that for...Buicks are in a class of their own!!!)<P> Well, I am going to give you all the total rundown of this now dead car...option codes and all so hang on...<P> starting at the top and going left...<P> axle #(handwritten)18-121<BR> body # BK02122 <BR> VIN 466376X139970<BR> next line..sched. #/date: 041908<BR> frame: BB<BR> strg. knuckle:XC-XD<BR> rear spring:KB<BR> Fr. sprng.: UK<BR> R shock JD <BR> F shock LL<BR> Stab. bar AN<BR> Axle:PG( this is also whats on the hsg stamped in)<BR> D/shaft: BL<BR> Ex. :S<BR> Fan 095<BR> then goes ito boxes 22&3..693 FPBC FO<BR> Manifest seq.# 03-04 041908<BR> 3rd line..model...46637<BR> top: 2(black vinyl)<BR> engine: OJ<BR> trans: BR(on ST400 tag also)<BR> Alt.: BC<BR> P/S pulley: 989<BR> crank pulley: 692<BR> V belt groove1: SC<BR> " " 2: SC<BR> " " " 3: SA<BR> Line 4...trim: 458(same as on cowl tag...std trim,black vinyl bench w/o notchback<BR> Color: YY(burgundy)<BR> Wheels: Y (std steel)<BR> radiator: BF...std 2 core<BR> Upr rad. hose YS<BR> Lwr rad hose YT<BR> Batt.: 571<BR> pos. batt. cable: JG<BR> neg " " JF<BR> volt. reg.: 515<BR> frt end harness: HE<BR> eng. harness: HB..non A/C,non A.I.R.<BR> air cleaner: 2449...std q jet<BR> hydro pierce: 87 (what is this??)<BR> antenna: FM (AM radio,P/antenna in r. 1/4)<BR> tires: 885X15W<BR> Next line...Body Frt. RR Harness: 2187<BR> Body Lamp harness: 6235<BR> Pwr Cv. Harness: 870<BR> Body power harness: 1<BR> Inst. harness: HR<BR> Console harness: **(astericks...no console)<BR> Inst. cluster: BJ...pull the cluster out and there is a sticker with these letter in red(for 66) and a date stamp...I believe grn was 67.<BR> Strg. col.: BR...std col. w/o accys.<BR> col. color: OBLA(blk,std wheel)<BR> Speedo cable: BY(this code is on the cable hsg. in white or yellow print...<BR> Spare tire: 458 (I still have this...its for sale...)<BR> Box # 74,next line..."VINYL TOP"<BR> box 88: Speedo gear/adapter: 37RD<BR> <P> Text of codes/options...<BR> AO1..tinted glass<BR> A39..dlx F&R belts<BR> A65..Notch Back Seat<BR> *B50..Seat Pad-Frt<BR> *B52..Seat Pad rear<BR> *B80..Roof drip mldg.<BR> *B84..Body side mldg.<BR> *B85..Ext.Orn.Mldg.<BR> B93Door Guard mldg..and we thought these were dlr items...at least I did.<BR> *B96..Wheel mldg F&R..wheel lip mldgs<BR> C08.. Soft Roof-Blk.<BR> C60..A/C<BR> D31..Non Glare mirror<BR> D33..REmote door mirror..<BR> J50..P/Brks(same code used on all GM div.)<BR> A49..S/T400 trans.<BR> N33..Tilt wheel<BR> N40..P/strg<BR> P05..Chrome wheel covers(center caps on road wheels)<BR> P30..OS wht tires<BR> T87..Cornering lamps<BR> U15..SFT BZ TPIPOD...not sure what this is...<BR> U25..Trunk light<BR> *U27..Glv. Box Light<BR> U29.. Ctsy. Light(under dash leading edge under dash pad)<BR> U35.. El. Clock<BR> U40..Pkg Brake light<BR> U63..Sono Radio...std AM<BR> V50..License Frame<P><BR> Has VINYL TOP Stamped on it in HUMONGOUS Letters<P> "This Auto To Be shipped by truck"<P><BR> Trim...we are now on the bottom top row...<BR> 458..repeated<BR> Paint..Y2<BR> VIN...466376X<BR> Across on the other end of this row is an options area with many black boxes for 1 digit each......this has 1,2,4&8 marked..<BR> At the end of this row is an explanation of these symbols: * = std equip.<BR> # = Body shop<BR> % = Trim Shop<P> Order number...1367...not sure if this is by dealer or plant order # or what...info. needed.<BR> CHARGED To: DUNN BUICK INC.<BR> 117 N.W. 13th St.<BR> Oklahoma City,Okla KE<BR> <BR> Car built at Kansas City..<P> Dlr #...111<BR> Zone:...20..I am assuming this is the part of ctry where car sold originally.<P> As I have gone thru this sheet I realized that this car HAS not been destroyed...I sold it long time ago...a Custom 2 dr. h/t...car has road wheels(all% of them...virgin spare...I do NOT have this Spare...no power options...vinyl top has been removed as has the tilt wheel...not by me...In ther lower right corner is the HUGE letters BU...Buick I assume...<P><BR> Anyone with info on mid fifties cars/dealers...my 55 was also built at K.C....Car has a Huling Bros. Buick plate on the trunk...not sure if thats where car was sold new as I know dealers put these on on the used cars too....Huling Bros. is in Seattle and I am positive its been around long before my 55 was built...I know this is long but I know it is indeed invaluable info... I parted a Wildcat and in this car I found 3, yes 3 build sheets...or remains...behind each fender and the back seat rest.<P> Now that I have typers cramp...LOL<P><BR> Hope this helps...Send some info on the 50's...I got a few things on early 60's I will add tomorrow...

• 2 weeks later...