1937 Buick Special Exhaust Manifold Gasket

Has anyone had an issue with their exhaust manifold gasket? I purchased the copper one from Bob's. Installed it with the copper Loctite Copper Based Anti-seize Lubricant as recommended in the Buick forum. Torqued about 17 lbs as recommended for the old long in line manifolds. Heard an exhaust leak after 600 miles and part of the gasket is sliding up on ports 6 and 7. Called Bob's and the sales guy said other are complaining about this same thing. Big PIA to replace! Any comments or ideas?

Does your manifold have the gland rings? They are supposed to prevent that issue. All my cars have 320's, but I too like the Remflex gaskets. They are not cheap but seem to last much longer for me. 

A possible contributor to the problem is if the manifold has been surfaced the clampimg "ears" may not be the same height as the intake. If the is so, both manifolds will not be equally clamped.

Re-surfacing only one manifold is a common error. The "ears" have to be the same height on both intake and exhaust manifolds.

• Like 3