For Sale: 1930 Willys-Overland Whippet 96A 4dr Sedan - $8,000 - Cedarburg, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,000: 9-4-2023:

For Sale: 1930 Willys-Overland Whippet 96A 4dr Sedan - $8,000 - Cedarburg, WI - Still Available, Unchanged Price $8,000: 7-6-2023: Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,000: 9-4-2023: See New Link Below:

1939 Willys-Overland Whippet 96A - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

This is a not-so-common survivor automobile that is complete and ready for somebody to enjoy on the road. It has a new top, running boards, interior, and an in-line low pressure fuel pump. The chassis has been lubed and brakes properly adjusted. New tires, battery, clutch plate and drive shaft. The car comes with original manuals and various period advertisements. This is a blast from the past.   odometer: 38565
DON'T BOTHER TEXTING ME FOR YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.
Copy and paste in your email: bd9366cb5dbd39c1999b4a836befc321@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1930 Willys-Overland Whippet 96A 4dr Sedan.

'30 Willys Whippet 96A WI a.jpg

'30 Willys Whippet 96A WI b.jpg

'30 Willys Whippet 96A WI c.jpg

'30 Willys Whippet 96A WI d.jpg

'30 Willys Whippet 96A WI e.jpg

'30 Willys Whippet 96A WI f.jpg

'30 Willys Whippet 96A WI g.jpg

'30 Willys Whippet 96A WI h.jpg

'30 Willys Whippet 96A WI i.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,000: 9-4-2023: (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1930 Willys-Overland Whippet 96A 4dr Sedan - $8,000 - Cedarburg, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Unchanged Price $8,000: 7-6-2023:

Yes, sadly, the 1927/'28 Whippet radiator has been so popular with the speedster crowd that if someone owns a Whippet of those years, and its radiator and shell is missing? They are nearly unobtainable, and very expensive as you have to compete with a hundred people that want to build a really cool speedster! A nice 1927/'28 Whippet radiator and shell can sell for nearly as much as a car of the same year needing major restoration. Few parts cars have their radiators as speedster builders offer more for the radiator than all the rest of the car can get.

As much as I like the way they look, And I have restored six speedsters over my years, for over forty years I have refused to consider buying or using a Whippet radiator or shell because I prefer to leave them for the Whippet owners. The fact is, that I can make a custom shell to fit some other radiator for less than the going price for the Whippet parts would cost. I always prefer to use correct original era parts whenever possible on my cars. However the Whippet shells I will not use.

The 1929 and later Whippets are fine small cars, and fortunately for them the radiator and shell was changed to an updated style that speedster builders do not covet.

3 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Yes, sadly, the 1927/'28 Whippet radiator has been so popular with the speedster crowd that if someone owns a Whippet of those years, and its radiator and shell is missing? They are nearly unobtainable, and very expensive as you have to compete with a hundred people that want to build a really cool speedster! A nice 1927/'28 Whippet radiator and shell can sell for nearly as much as a car of the same year needing major restoration. Few parts cars have their radiators as speedster builders offer more for the radiator than all the rest of the car can get.

As much as I like the way they look, And I have restored six speedsters over my years, for over forty years I have refused to consider buying or using a Whippet radiator or shell because I prefer to leave them for the Whippet owners. The fact is, that I can make a custom shell to fit some other radiator for less than the going price for the Whippet parts would cost. I always prefer to use correct original era parts whenever possible on my cars. However the Whippet shells I will not use.

The 1929 and later Whippets are fine small cars, and fortunately for them the radiator and shell was changed to an updated style that speedster builders do not covet.

Guilty, 1927 speedster Im building. . .

Yes, I have the complete radiator.

IMG_20181113_160216898(3).jpg.68ed219790c0b6f18ae84803c6978302.jpg

Don't let my blathering deter or discourage you. The situation is what it is with those. You and your family are still "aces" in my book!

I was never sure. Does your grandfather's Faultless have a Whippet radiator and/or shell? It looked like one, however had been said many years ago that it was not a Whippet shell or radiator. The word around was that it was some similar era original for a model T.

That car has always been one of my all time favorite model Ts. It is so fantastic that I don't really like to call it a "speedster".

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1930 Willys-Overland Whippet 96A 4dr Sedan - $8,000 - Cedarburg, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $7,000: 9-4-2023: