An unusual Canadian car - 1961 Meteor Montcalm

To me, that is just a great car - very uncommon, especially in the U.S.  Not flashy at all, but so well preserved.  I love watching these "Cold War Motors" videos.  Those guys seem like great people.  One of my favorite stops on YouTube.

• Like 2

For a ten-year-old car-crazed youth, our 1962 family visit to the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto was an automotive revelation.  While they clearly were based on the American models with which we were familiar, they still were so unique and different.

'61 Meteor - Canada brochure a.jpg

'61 Meteor - Canada brochure b.jpg

'61 Meteor - Canada brochure c.jpg

'61 Monarch Richelieu last model year ad.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The little boy sitting in the red convertible could have been me. Except I don't have a blonde sister, and my father would have been looking at a sedan. Growing up in Canada in this time period I saw lots of the bread and butter Canadian market cars. At the time they were just every day sights. Most of the sporty body styles have quite low production numbers, and are rarely seen these days.

They are very unique cars and not seen very much. I have decided to place my 1961 Mercury Meteor 800 n2dr hardtop up for sale. It's a good running and driving car, but I was gifted another car so I decided to let it go. If anyone is interested shoot me a PM for details.

• Like 1