For Sale: 1960 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 - Blue, 2-door Hardtop - "Runs & drives" - Santa Clarita, CA - Not Mine

For sale on Facebook: 1960 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Holiday 2-door Hardtop in Santa Clarita, CA  -  $18,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1195712114472895/-1960-Oldsmobile-Dynamic-88-Holiday-Hardtop

Seller's Description:

1960 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 Holiday 2-door Hardtop

• 2 owners
  • Driven 85,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Blue · Interior color: Blue
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

Runs drive new brakes rebuilt carburetor, new gas tank, fuel lines

image.png.baccdd61b0f8839d5f18238dc47dfaa5.png

image.png.f757a05c524c9c0748f7557e667d8c98.png

image.png.6adb1a42fc57f1431fdebe1c9af275d9.png

image.png.cb052b7ec8c723a9f29423e17888b2c8.png

image.png.c7e8e6791c8ed83de5b36c33b9686015.png

image.png.7fb1c0e4b253375bd977bc35898af057.png

• Like 3

Since this 1960 Olds is being transported around on a car hauler and not actually driven anywhere, it appears some mechanical issues still need to be sorted out. It looks like a good start but I'm wondering if it would be worth the $18K asking price even if all the issues were fixed, it had a decent new paint job and the engine was detailed. It seems like a pretty high price tag for a base model in its current condition. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, The 55er said:

Since this 1960 Olds is being transported around on a car hauler and not actually driven anywhere, it appears some mechanical issues still need to be sorted out. It looks like a good start but I'm wondering if it would be worth the $18K asking price even if all the issues were fixed, it had a decent new paint job and the engine was detailed. It seems like a pretty high price tag for a base model in its current condition. 

But...but... Ah seen one on thet Bert Jackson's teevee show...

We all know the drill. 

Given what I see it needs this is a $7500 car. Low options, low in Oldsworld pecking order, and needs a hell of a lot of cleaning and work to make it an $18k car. 

Its saving grace is it's a (supposedly) California car so maybe no serious rust issues. Upholstery is original, floor covering is not.

I wonder about that gold engine too. Is it just painted wrong color (should be turquoise green) or is it a 57-58 engine.

• Thanks 2

Sure looks great on the trailer, probably moves on down the road better on the trailer than off. That said, I have a special place in my heart for the '60 Olds as I learned to drive on one. The fact that is is a coupe is all that this car has going for it. You see quite a few of the hard top four doors and sedans, but not so many coupes. Still 18K for this car that needs a little bit of everything and the Dynamic 88 would steer most people away from this car that are at all familiar with Oldsmobile's of this year. Nice color for this car though, might be worth 10k to a buyer who really likes the '60 Olds and wants a coupe.  

• Like 1

To late to edit my comment, I know that it's a 60, the '59 has more ornate tail lamps. Those pictures look like they were taken at a swap meet where the seller was so sure of the sale, he figured that he could unload the car and drive his truck home. There's also no license plates on the car, so it couldn't be driven. Besides he just likes driving that rig, I would. Runs and drives only means that it will move under it's own power. Trailering it makes a lot of sense for both the seller and the buyer, who might have it delivered.

The GM bubble top coupes are (were) something that has been desired. I say this in sort of a passed tense way because I am beginning to wonder about the classic car market; it's all over the place!  I remember seeing fully restored years ago and that image remains emblazoned in my mind. 

Edited by deac (see edit history)

Glenn,

The '60 shop manual says that both the low and high compression 371s in the 88 series are painted gold. The 394 for S88s and 98s is painted green. I see nothing in the prices/equipment folder about the 394 being optional in the 88. Then again, I see nothing in that folder about the 88 W-2 high compression option, either. Maybe Mama knew somebody...

• Like 1

It was bought off the lot at Smith Oldsmobile in South Boston VA. Fern Mist with a Citron yellow roof.

Course that dealership sold two 1965 4-speed Starfire convertibles as well as a pile of 442 and W-cars. The service manager had a 69 Hurst/Olds that was the scourge of the streets. So...

Dealership closed in 1974. Mr Smith died and his two sons didn't want anything to do with the car business. But G.P. Smith knew how to order a car that would sell itself and that dealership never ordered a stripper Oldsmobile from 1948 thru 1974. Mr Smith's philosophy was stripper cars were the Chevy dealer's market.

• Like 1