1952 Mercedes-Benz 170 DS - $25K

These are a pre-war design. I don't know how the diesel pump tolerates sitting for long periods. I know the similar gas version doesn't like it at all! I had a friend many years ago who put this engine in a Model A. It has a near identical hp rating and even sounded similar. 

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/albuquerque-1952-mercedes-benz-170-ds/7596197537.html

Very Rare 1952 Mercedes-Benz 170 DS Germany World War Two post war vehicle. All original Mercedes-Benz. Very minimal rust. Has been in-doors almost all of its life well protected. Very well taken care of. Will be able to run easily but does not run currently. Vintage classic collector car. Serious inquires please or best offers. Text me if interested.

(505) 236-8022

00V0V_joErfz1NbKO_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg100V0V_4XXdw8p4V4z_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00b0b_74LnkzcUp73_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00404_8n49sozRgYi_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00Q0Q_irILCdnzTHt_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

Talk about something that will roll coal. Those old Mercedes diesels were low on power and long on black smoke. When I was a kid I can remember seeing them leaving an intersection and smoking like crazy. Someone aught to by this just to drive Ralph Nader nuts. 

• Like 2

I once read an article on these cars talking about the terrible acceleration and lack of power, never had my hands on one, so no clue. It’s rare…….

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fossil said:

Talk about something that will roll coal. Those old Mercedes diesels were low on power and long on black smoke. When I was a kid I can remember seeing them leaving an intersection and smoking like crazy. Someone aught to by this just to drive Ralph Nader nuts. 

Yes, the joke was that they were a combination transportation and mosquito abatement.  

• Haha 2

On 3/25/2023 at 11:17 AM, Leif in Calif said:

Will be able to run easily but does not run currently.

The quote is from the ad…not from Leif!

How in the world do they know it can be made to run easily…..if that is so….why don’t they make it run?.? This statement ranks right up there with “easy restoration “ as really worthless selling points!

• Like 3