Interesting Dodge Brothers photos

1 hour ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Hopefully @keiser31 or someone can id them. I don't know much about these post 32 trucks. I seem to recall the hubcaps but not sure where I've seen them.

Has the look and feel of a 35 Ford cap 

image.png.6f9489d2cc5a445f2b1c7921ab24de07.png

The rear caps are like the 1935-36 caps.

The touring is '14 to mid year '16 because of the exposed frame at the front fenders. The one with the top up is mid '16, early fenders and 6 cathedral windows in the top. If John doesn't know the hubcap we are screwed. He only needs 2 square inches to ID anything and is never wrong. It's not a normal DB hubcap by my eyesight. 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

The touring is '14 to mid year '16 because of the exposed frame at the front fenders. The one with the top up is mid '16, early fenders and 6 cathedral windows in the top. If John doesn't know the hubcap we are screwed. He only needs 2 square inches to ID anything and is never wrong. It's not a normal DB hubcap by my eyesight. 

Must be a 16 then because I found all those with the same family section. Note the first photo the passengers 1&2 have their hats off and look different but I believe 1, 2 and 3 are the same people in both photos. Also #4 barely shows the drivers side mirror in the first photo. 

Notice in the very first photo in the series I posted above the lady holding up something in the back seat. Then note the look on 1, 2 and 3's faces. Tells me that was either an annoying aunt or mother in law...

As for the front hubcap on the Ambulance, yeah, we're in trouble if John doesn't know...

image.png.d505b8a709b6bb5d2374899830ee7574.png

image.png.ebfb8a077b0c8ae19ccb8c3692ec1db5.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

On 3/3/2024 at 7:03 AM, 30DodgePanel said:

Hopefully @keiser31 or someone can id them. I don't know much about these post 32 trucks. I seem to recall the hubcaps but not sure where I've seen them.

Has the look and feel of a 35 Ford cap 

image.png.6f9489d2cc5a445f2b1c7921ab24de07.png

Loosely similar to the 1931 caps, but dome-shaped. VERY interesting....

post-37352-143142347913.jpg

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Loosely similar to the 1931 caps, but dome-shaped. VERY interesting....

What's even more interesting is, when you zoom in and rotate it looks like there's a embossed octagon or circle shape with what looks like a 8 or S in the middle. I wonder (since the photo was taken around 1940 according to license plate) that someone may have used anything that would fit for the photo?

Something like the Studebaker cap below? 

image.png.91714ecccd9f95af70911797a09e099b.png

image.png.0de978b18628e6019900a2f5bd7cba65.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

I will be in that museum next Sat IF I can remember to look at a Ford.                                                 I was in that museum today with the Ford with dual white walls. I was disappointed, they are Coker repops. SO I still have yet to see a REAL dual white wall. 

Edited by nearchoclatetown (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Note the men on the platforms and the two at the very top dancing in the midst of the wires.

Not sure what the structure is (Budd wheel Co?).

DBC%20Budd%2003084_0001.jpg

Looks like they might be installing an elevator.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...