4 Sale* `63-`65 Chrome Interior Headliner Moldings * 4 Sale

1965rivgs

Still selling Tim`s inventory...we gathered his chrome headliner moldings together and he has some very nice moldings in varying conditions. I can put together a full set of moldings or sell the moldings in singles. We have more moldings than appear in the pic.

The condition of the moldings vary so prices will as well. A general guideline is between $15 and $75 per molding depending on condition. If you are interested in a particular molding I can send a description and pics and a specific price. If interested please send a PM

Thanks,

Tom 

20230321_142628_resized.jpg

64 and 65 deluxe interiors used the chrome moldings. All others were painted . ^3 did not have chrome even with a deluxe interior. The moldings Tom has for sale look great and it is a good deal if someone needs a piece. If you need one I suggest you jump all over these. Most of them suffered from pitting.  Gene.

1 hour ago, TexRiv_63 said:

The moldings were painted on 63's - at least the early production ones.

DSCF7155.JPG

DSCF7163.JPG

DSCF7166.JPG

If your moldings are original you have a very early car because even your A pillar moldings are painted. Very early in the model year, when Buick added the standard interior trim levels, the A pillar moldings became chrome plated as standard with all interior trims.

Tom

• Like 1

Not trying to start any controversy. I am just stating what I found with the two 63's that I bought. They both have a deluxe interior. One has a build  date of the 1st week of January. That has the headliner trim painted blue. The other has a build date of the 5th week of March and it had chrome headliner trim all the way back to the rear window with the trim along the bottom of the sail panels and around the back window painted red like the interior. I have attached pictures of some of the chrome trim I took out of that one. You can see what the elements can do to this chrome trim. This highlights the beautiful condition of the pieces Tom is selling. 

My car was a 4th week of May build with the standard interior and the trim is painted except for the A-pillar.

Bill 

20230322_141830.jpg

20230322_141837.jpg

20230322_141842.jpg

20230322_141932.jpg

20230320_145336.jpg

Edited by Riviera63 (see edit history)

23 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

If your moldings are original you have a very early car because even your A pillar moldings are painted. Very early in the model year, when Buick added the standard interior trim levels, the A pillar moldings became chrome plated as standard with all interior trims.

Tom

My car was an October or November 62 build, Jim Cannon would know.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...