E-M-F Floor Mat

15sd

Roger, Yes, I've posted on both Facebook sites and John Daly was kind enough to include an announcement in his latest newsletter to EMF owners. Response has been good but I need a few more interested owners to make this viable. ( the plant has a minimum order requirement )

It's been at least 10 years ( possibly more ) since the last run was made with this mold. I believe I got the last one along with the mold itself.

Thanks for the response. ( looks like you have a nice CDO!)   

• 1 month later...

For those with a 1913 Studebaker, they did actually come with the EMF style mat . Photo of Model "25" parts book page is attached. ( already sent BLOO a pm correcting my  error )

1913 Studebaker Floor Mat.jpg

• Like 1

When you finally get the production pieces, please have the supplier leave as much extra around the perimeter as possible so that we can trim them ourselves, thanks!

• Like 1

The mat mold was designed larger for exactly that purpose. The inner design section is the correct size but the plain ribbed surrounding sections will need to be trimmed to fit your particular model. The mold has a steel frame around the design itself. The rubber can't extend past it except for possibly some slight overflow. 

Mat Mold 1.jpg

• Like 1

Just pm with your name and email address and I'll put you on the list. As soon as I get a photo from the rubber plant of the first mat pressing, I'll send it out to everyone on the list. Once approved, they will do the other 24 mats. 

1913 Studebakers - These cars appear to have four Fleur de Lys across the top. The mold only has three. I'm guessing the design area on the mat mold was made small enough to accommodate the smaller Flanders cars without having to trim into this area.  The diameter of the mat made from this mold is 28"x 38". The design area is approx. 25" x 24". 

Not correct but also not even usable since your car is left hand drive like my 15. I believe it originally would be plain linoleum flooring, also like the 15 with aluminum trim around the edge. You should have ribbed aluminum on the running board. Thinner than the 15 model but otherwise looks the same. 

• 3 weeks later...

The EMF floor mats are now ready for me to pickup at the factory. If you would like to get on the list of interested owners, please send me a pm or vintagetin1@sympatico.ca . Most of them have been spoken for but there's still a few left.

Steve. 

Original 1913 Studebaker SA floor mat from our roadster.  I have followed this thread and only recently am able to access and photograph my car.  It has alternating rows of 3 and 4 fleur de lis (2 each) with the braiding out near the edge.

IMG_0245.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you avanty. Your original mat is in incredibly good shape. This confirms what I found in the 13 parts book photos. So it looks like your roadster has five rows (3,4,3,4,3) and the coupe and touring has four rows (3,4,3,4). I also see the border inside the rope design is plain rather than a ribbed design in it. This shows up clearly in the 2-speed parts book photo of the rear mat (attached).

I was told the mold was made to fit both EMF and Flanders cars and still retain the original fleur de lys design. I think the mold designer has copied the patterns in the design quite well.   

Parts Book Mat (2-speed) (1).jpg

• Like 1

Our 13 is a very original car other than paint and the seat bottom.  The speedo is not working but she had under 6000 miles when we got her and we have only toured it twice adding less than 1K miles.  She was awarded hpof in 2010.

IMG_0279.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you avanty. This confirms what I found in the 13 parts book photos. Your original mat is in incredibly good shape. I saw your car at the Quakertown 2007 meet. I was still working on my 15 at the time and knew little about EMFs. I took a few photos of it ( including the floor mat ) but probably thought it was a reproduction. I had completely forgotten about the Fleur de Lis pattern ( it was 16 years ago! )  

image.jpeg

• Like 1